Data Scientist, Analytics - Content
We are hiring a data scientist to be the first data person embedded with our content team. Although the content team currently has access to data on content via dashboards, we would like for the data and content teams to develop a deeper thought partnership. You will help the content team identify where the opportunities are at and how to prioritize accordingly. You will take questions and ideas, sometimes vaguely defined, and turn them into concrete problems that can be addressed with data. We are looking for someone who has the capabilities to use a variety of tools to do this, whether working with partner teams to run AB tests, doing deep dive analysis, building causal inference estimates, or developing statistical and/or machine learning models. You will surface the data in presentations and via dashboards. In this role, your work will be visible to leadership and has the potential to make a dramatic impact on our tactics and strategy around content.
- Help make the content team’s roadmap more data driven
- Align on and surface metrics that enable the content team to track and quickly understand the success of their initiatives
- Do deep-dive analysis on different content verticals to help the company understand how to allocate investment and to help heads of content verticals to understand how to more optimally invest within their vertical
- Develop models to understand the ROI of bigger deals
- Work with product, lifecycle, and marketing to AB test hypotheses and ideas
- Work with content and marketing teams to size opportunities for new content partnerships
- Work with marketing and PR teams to understand opportunities with new content
- Make the content team more self-sufficient by improving our self-serve capabilities, via data cubes and dashboards, etc - and ongoing partner education
- Help build out and support data tools and our data warehouse
- At least three to five years of industry experience in data science
- Experience with inferential statistics; preference for industry experience using causal inference approaches
- History of driving business impact through analysis. You are good at prioritizing and have a strategic mindset
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Able to write python or R
- Excellent communicator with history of developing productive relationships with nontechnical partnerships
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.