Guru seeks an experienced advertising and marketing copywriter (3-5 years in an agency setting) to join our full-time staff. This position will work in close partnership with Guru’s creative director, art directors and strategists to generate creative solutions across channels and mediums for brands who are impacting the world in the most conscious ways. This person must be well-versed in writing both for web/digital media and print/traditional channels), short-form and long-form content.
Location: We welcome your remote (but U.S.-based) location, as we are a virtual team with employees across the United States and hubs in California and Burlington, VT.
The priorities for this role include:
- Receiving, reviewing and researching a creative brief and discussing its strategy and objectives with a team.
- Brainstorming original big ideas and creative pathways alone and in collaboration with the creative team.
- Based on ideas and pathways, write original copy for application across multiple channels and creative assets. Present to both internal client teams and to clients.
- Researching your ideas and your copy to ensure that all the content being advertised is truthful, accurate and complies with codes of advertising practice.
- Quickly researching and inhabiting the mind set of new audiences, to assure effective communications.
- Being expert in the art and science of advertising and communications - with the intent of moving specific target audiences.
- Handling feedback impersonally and tending to copy editing and revisions in a timely way.
Guru’s copywriters must possess the following qualities:
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have exceptional written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team, but be self-directed enough to work alone, given our remote culture.
- Possess incredible time management skills that allow you to prioritize across multiple clients.
- Be able to work under high pressure deadlines.
- Have demonstrated experience writing for both web/digital media and print/traditional channels, short-form and long-form content.
- Know how to solidly research and present your ideas and copy.
- Have an eye for detail and copy editing experience.
- Have an interest in conscious commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
- Proven track record with a compelling portfolio of diverse work.
Is that you? When applying, please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio link or relevant work samples.
Guru is a marketing agency on a mission to increase joy and reduce suffering in the world. We leverage our innovative creativity and deep strategic experience for brands who are impacting the world in the most conscious ways as we seek to establish ourselves as the most innovative impact marketing agency on the planet by 2025.
We strive to be:
- A buzzing hive of creative activity and inspiration.
- Described as “invaluable business partners” by our clients.
- Respected in the industry for our thought leadership.
- Financially successful because of big, innovative ideas flawlessly expressed and executed in the marketplace.
- One of the top ten most desired and coveted companies to work for in the creative marketing/agency business space.
Start with the Problem
A deep and precise understanding of a client’s problem is necessary for developing solutions that are strategic and long-term. We then overlay this understanding with context about the lives of the audience, the community, and importantly, the planet.
Simple Is Better
Simple ideas are almost always harder to develop and are better than unnecessarily complex ones.
Two (or more) Heads are Better than One
Collaborating with others results in work that is more thorough and more creative.
Pushing the Boundaries
Even when we’ve landed on a great idea, we always ask, “Could it be better?”
Curiosity is King
Be curious. Strive to always learn something new and apply it.
Think of the System
We are not in the business of selling widgets. We need to think through how our recommendations and actions impact people, culture and our planet – both the positive and negative ramifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Agency: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings