Part Time Executive Director
Who We Are:
Sitters without Borders is a small, emerging non-profit that matches volunteer babysitters with income-eligible families who are going to school (at night) . By sitting for the children of parents, mostly single mothers, while they attend classes, Sitters Without Borders contributes to women’s and families’ economic advancement. We are a small but mighty team that is proud of what we have already accomplished and energized by the challenge of scaling our services post-Pandemic so that we can help more families achieve their goals.
Who You Are:
First and foremost, you believe in our mission and are comfortable speaking about it passionately to potential donors, grant decision makers, and our many partners. You have held previous leadership positions at other non-profits and are looking to apply your expertise to a growing organization.
- Oversee and implement strategies that support Sitters Without Borders’ mission, vision and growth.
- Develop and oversee a strategic communications plan to raise the organization's visibility and advance its mission, brand identity and growth.
- Responsible for planning, structure, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Support the Board in executing its governance responsibilities and its ability to make informed financial and operational decisions
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of all functions.
- Recruits and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers
- Oversee, direct and carry out general fundraising activities and grant application and funding.
- Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Flexible, remote work schedule. The ED is expected to work 20 hours per week but is able to set their own hours.
- Three weeks paid vacation
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Organizational Development or Communications preferred
- 10 or more years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment
- 5 or more years management or supervisory experience
- Track record of grant writing and fundraising successes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team
- Organized and efficient with great attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to identify opportunities, provide solutions, and collaborate to improve operations with the rest of the team