Help end homelessness and housing poverty in America with the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC). For more than 45 years NLIHC has championed socially just public policy that ensures the lowest-income people in the U.S. have decent, affordable homes.
NLIHC seeks a development specialist who will support NLIHC fund development activities and events that enable the Coalition to obtain the necessary resources to fulfill its mission. The individual will also support NLIHC with other key operational needs, reporting to the NLIHC chief operating officer, with guidance and oversight from the NLIHC development coordinator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing, and mailing to, lists of potential sponsors of the NLIHC Housing Leadership Awards Celebration/Reception (LAC), tracking progress on incoming pledges, and following up with sponsors and potential sponsors and with NLIHC host committee members.
- Assist with moving and maintaining sponsor and prospective sponsor data in Salesforce.
- Collect supplemental LAC program materials (quotes on honorees, bios, photos, etc.)
- Coordinate uploading of new lists from allied organizations into Salesforce/Mailchimp when they are provided.
- Coordinate end-of-year appeals campaign – draft appeals, postcards, emails, e-newletters articles, work with communications team on materials and social media, create outreach lists, mail out solicitations, and other related tasks.
- Handle efficient filing of copies of donor/sponsor letters.
- Monitor NLIHC Special Member dues, send invoices, and follow up regarding payments. Track progress on NLIHC Special Member benefits (ads needed for LAC, publications to be mailed, etc.)
- Monitor incoming data to Salesforce for any irregularities.
- Enter registrations for complimentary Forum attendees where necessary (manually entering Special Members, event sponsors, Advocates’ Guide authors, any VIP/invitees of the CEO, etc.)
- Produce list of previous year donors and their giving levels for NLIHC Annual Report.
- Serve as back-up to executive assistant for production of acknowledgment letters.
- Monitor NLIHC’s various webpages that recognize donors for any missing logos and ensure updates are made to keep the website current.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and proposals for review by the NLIHC president/CEO and chief operating officer (COO), working with program staff and COO to determine proposal elements, and submitting final proposals for consideration. Assist in compiling and drafting funder reports for review and finalization by the COO.
- Assist in ensuring all grant contact and follow-up information is up-to-date and accurate in Salesforce database.
- Assist in the coordination of other events and activities for which fundraising is involved like NLIHC’s anniversary events.
Operations/Organizational Support duties include:
- Support COO with operations activities.
- Coordinate with contracted agency (currently Cogency Global) on state charitable registrations, ensuring annual registrations for all states in which registrations are required. Also ensure successful NLIHC business licenses and Good Standing reports with DC government.
- Attend all meetings of the NLIHC Board of Directors and before Board committees, as needed. Participate in staff meetings, retreats, trainings, and all Coalition events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To receive serious consideration for this position, an applicant should have the following attributes and background:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A strong commitment to the alleviation of poverty and social justice (affordable housing knowledge/experience a plus).
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience successfully building and maintaining professional partnerships and relationships.
- Experience in funder/donor research and cultivation, proposal- and report-writing, and fundraising appeals desired. Experience in event coordination a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM a plus.
- An ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.