Machine Learning Architect and Manager
Language I/O delivers market-leading, multilingual customer support technology that enables mono-lingual support teams to email, chat and otherwise provide text-based support in any language, right inside any major CRM.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Architect to help us improve our existing NLP products and create new NLP and ML applications.
Responsibilities include managing a group of ML/NLP engineers as well as working as an independent contributor to transform natural language data into useful features using NLP/ML techniques to feed classification algorithms. To succeed in this role, you should possess outstanding skills in statistical analysis, machine learning methods and text representation techniques.
This is a superb opportunity to work in a dynamic, virtual team environment, and take accountability for delivering components and features.
- Designing and developing NLP applications
- Training and evaluating standard ML models
- Designing custom ML models
- Using effective text representation techniques and classification algorithms
- Managing a team of ML/NLP-focused engineers
- Work alongside/manage your team and collaborate with other Language I/O Software Engineers to develop robust and scalable machine learning models that improve our NLP engine in a real-time, translation environment
- Build data pipelines and work across the complete data lifecycle including feature engineering, data wrangling, data mining, data warehousing and data visualization
- Find useful patterns in unlabelled data using unsupervised learning methods such as K-means, self organizing maps and PCA
- Select appropriate annotated datasets for supervised learning methods
- Use effective text representations to transform natural language into useful features
- Find and implement the right algorithms, tools and libraries for NLP tasks
- Implement various machine learning algorithms for classification and regression, such as decision trees/random forests, neural networks, logistic regression, naive bayes, SVM and linear regression.
- Train the developed models and run evaluation experiments
- Perform statistical analysis of results and refine models
- Extend ML libraries and frameworks to apply in NLP tasks
- Remain updated in the rapidly changing field of machine learning
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, computational linguistics or similar field
- At least five years experience in ML model design, tuning and related software engineering
- Proven experience as an NLP Engineer or similar role in a multilingual environment
- Familiarity with neural machine translation (NMT) engines
- Familiarity with parsing and tokenizing non-english languages.
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modeling
- Ability to effectively design software architecture
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms
- Knowledge of Python, Java and R
- At least three years in RDBMS administration including strong knowledge of RDBMS design, querying and normal forms.
- Solid understanding of nosql DB design
- Ability to write robust and testable code
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- ML model design: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings