Intermediate Graphic Designer
Are you driven by impact? We are HCMA, an interdisciplinary design firm driven by the desire to create happier, healthier, more connected communities. The work we do in the Communication Design studio reflects this commitment.
We design brands that instill trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with communities. Fromto that helps municipal staff create community buildings with impact.
Our Communication Design team is growing – and we need a designer with the ambition, enthusiasm, and talent to help us. Is that you?
We’re looking for a designer (intermediate to senior) to:
- bring creative flair, technical ability, and collaborative nature to every brief
- act as the lead designer on external and internal briefs, across brand identity, wayfinding and signage, print and digital, with support from our Creative Lead
- work directly with clients, from initial briefing and concepts through to key presentations and execution, with support from our Client Lead
- responsibly deliver projects on time, on budget, with support from our Services Lead
What you will do:
Work across a range of internal and external projects, including:
- Brand identity design, brand applications, and brand guidelines development
- Publications and presentations
- Wayfinding and signage concepts and designs
- Supergraphics for the built environment
- Colour and material strategies for architectural projects
- Collaborate with architects, interior designers, and other specialists on projects from conception to completion without the traditional silos
Ideally, you bring:
- 5+ years' experience of design and production, in both print and digital, on a variety of briefs, either working at an agency or in-house
- creative vision and flexibility: you can offer a variety of design solutions to a brief while upholding identity guidelines
- proven experience delivering and executing creative concepts, and a high-level sense of design, layout, and typography
- a related degree and professional membership of GDC, SEGD, or another design-related advocacy organization
- strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- experience in HTML and motion graphics a plus
What we offer
- Colleagues working across architecture, social impact, and sustainability
- A diverse range of briefs working with purpose-driven clients who share HCMA’s values
- The opportunity to help a small, friendly, and ambitious design team grow
- The stability and resources of an established but forward-thinking firm committed to pushing the social impact of design
Curious? Get in touch.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.