Senior Data Scientist
About the Role:As a senior data scientist at Opendoor, you will partner with Product, Engineering, and Operations to drive the business forward with data. You’ll set up data and measurement strategies to understand the state of our products and operations, understand if any new initiative achieves positive impacts through experimentation and causal inference, and build machine learning and optimization models.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Define the data strategy, including creating metrics with existing systems to understand our products and policies, and designing the next generation intelligent systems to improve our real estate pricing and operations practices
- Build models and policies to help teams achieve their business objectives
- Design experiments and conduct causal inference to determine effect of our initiatives
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Expertise in statistical inference and machine learning modeling
- Proficiency working with complex and fast evolving data sets
- Experience in product analytics and experimental design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights
- 5+ years of industry experience with advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL or any other database languages and numeric programming in Python, R or other languages
Bonus points if you have experience in the below areas:
- Fraud or incident detection
- Working with hardware and sensor data
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Optimization under uncertainty and risk management
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:- Your choice of coverage for medical, dental, and vision (optional for dependents)- Flexible vacation policy- Commuter benefit- Generous parental leave- Paid time off to volunteerPlease note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values OpennessOur team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.