Freelance Copywriter (remote) - Los Angeles
If so, you may be our perfect fit... and vice versa. Huzzah!
We’re hiring an experienced Copywriter to help us with all of our copywriting needs.
This is a freelance position (100% remote) with the potential of becoming a full-time role.
We get people so excited about changing their lives... that they stop dreaming and actually do it. Through "choose your own adventure" online business education, we make it possible for anyone with a big message for the world to reach more people, make more money and have a bigger impact.
We Do That By Embodying The Following 7 Values
- Fun AF
- Smart Yet Humble
- Make It Happen
- Bring Your Best Work
- Own Your Shit
- Have a Heart (I’ve Got Your Back)
- Live Your Message
We are a business training company specializing in helping online entrepreneurs create a business that is authentic and aligned with who they are, to empower them to turn up the dial on their “inner superhero” so they can change the world from their living rooms.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
Our company and our reach has been growing fast and we’re looking for an exceptional copywriter to join us.
Here’s What the Role Will Look Like for You:
Integrity and authenticity inform our business decisions, marketing and messaging. We deeply care about our customers and pull out all the stops to ensure they’ll be successful with our products and programs, and we have an industry reputation for getting results. While so many other companies sell the "easy button," we're about what's really going to work for our customers and tribe.
We consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in everything we do.
Our star candidate…
- Has 5+ years of direct response, marketing copywriting experience, ideally for one or more online businesses in the online education, coaching or training industries
- Can ideate original and compelling marketing hooks, messaging and calls to action that generate measurable results - with the portfolio & track record of stats to prove it
- Has a data-driven approach and seeks to optimize copy based on the metrics. You’ve written squeeze pages, sales pages, email campaigns, video scripts and Facebook ad copy and have examples (and ideally, results) of each to show
- Is passionate about growth and self-improvement. You're always upleveling your skills, working to be your best each day and want to make a positive impact on the world through the work that you do
- Will be able to nail our “voice” relatively quickly. In a market full of talking heads, copycats and surface-level communicators, we’re unmistakable and never boring. We dare to be creative, playful, smart, provocative and vulnerable all at the same time. You’ll need to be able to infuse story, metaphor and humor into your copy so that it connects, entertains, educates and converts
- Is tech savvy. You’re super resourceful and can find your way around pretty much anything online. The idea of working with Google Docs, project management software, instant messenger and virtual meeting rooms doesn’t freak you out, and you’re confident you can learn new online systems if you need to
- You’re tired of chasing down clients and living in feast or famine mode. You’re ready to laser focus in on ONE business that’ll pay you a steady stream of benjamins.
- You come equipped with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, ready and willing to take full ownership of your role and the results you’re accountable for producing… and you’re adept at juggling competing priorities and coming out on top
- Collaborate with the Agency Director and marketing department to create sales pages, opt-in pages, launch materials, emails, whatever's needed
- Work with our awesome Facebook ad agency to find out what’s working and where improvements need to be made in our array of evergreen funnels
- Come up with ideas for how to improve our evergreen funnel pages and email campaigns -- and work with our tech team to set-up split tests -- so that they result in more leads and sales
- Create messaging, hooks, angles and emails for our joint venture and internal email campaigns
- Review survey responses, blog comments and other data to generate ideas for new lead magnets and products we can create that’ll help us grow our tribe and our bottom line
- Work on other special projects as required, such as help out with additional copy for our live event and product launch funnels
This freelance role is virtual, but you need to be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in.
What to Expect As a Teammate of Live Your Message
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are committed to excellence and dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations.
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as a team.
- Great opportunities for advancement.