DevOps and Application Performance Monitoring Engineer
pureIntegration is looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineer looking to grow their career as part of an expert team supporting the needs of large enterprise customers. This engineer will have a passion for, and familiarity with, monitoring and application performance management tools and practices, such as APM, Synthetic Monitoring and RUM for both commercial installed applications as well as in-house developed applications. Demonstratable experience with configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet, or scripting with languages like Python or shell, is also a plus.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with dynamic team of pureIntegration subject matter experts in this space helping our customers with both monitoring and IT operations strategy and implementation.
- Advice clients on best practice in areas such as APM, Synthetic Monitoring, RUM, Event Management, Log Management, TSDBs, Dashboarding, etc, across open source and commercial tools.
- Perform hands on work in deploying and configuring the above technologies in customer environments.
- Collaborate with team members to create and deliver custom solutions to customer IT Operations challenges.
- Stay on the leading edge of monitoring and DevOps tools and processes through training and self-study to be able to advice clients on best practice.
- Automate IT Operations processes using tools like Ansible or Puppet, or through scripting.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
2+ years of DevOps experience with specific experience in application monitoring and performance management, preferably in large enterprise environments
Demonstrable experience with Configuration Management tools or self-developed scripting
Ability to take initiative and work in a highly dynamic environment
Ability to handle multiple projects under tight timelines
Ability to work comfortably with technical and non-technical individuals
Ability to synthesize business issues into technical solutions and to document and execute system requirements
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Ability to work independently
Experience with development in high level languages is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent work experience
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.