Director of Marketing
Better Health is a venture-backed, early stage consumer healthcare start-up aiming to help people with chronic conditions live their best lives. Our headquarters are based in San Francisco, CA, and our team is fully remote and spread across the US.
We are a team of healthcare veterans, engineers, designers, customer success and sales people striving to change healthcare. Over 60M Americans rely on medical devices and supplies to manage their chronic conditions at home, but access to these critical supplies has become more expensive and difficult. We help people receive their supplies, maximize their insurance benefits, and access telehealth, education, and consultation to achieve better health results at the comfort of their homes.
If you're excited about making a positive, lasting impact on people's lives,
If you want to take an active part in bringing about the consumer healthcare revolution,
If you love building B2C marketing strategies, mentoring, and shaping a company's product marketing strategy in the early days,
So, what will you do as our Director of Marketing?
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing will have overall responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities, including but not limited to product management, B2C marketing strategy, and promotional activities.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and direct, hands-on working experience managing product marketing from early-stage planning to launch and driving qualified leads, preferably in the Healthcare or Health & Wellness industries.
- Align messaging across all channels and consumer touchpoints
- Represent the voice of the customer when defining customer needs and product requirements for existing and future products
- Work with designers and creative to bring ideas to life and ensure campaigns and materials are implemented in a timely manner
- Lead product launch planning activities to drive product awareness, customer training, and sales tools to enable the seals team to meet their objectives
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for new and existing products, including campaigns, website optimization, customer meetings, digital marketing, and print marketing
- Work with channel marketing experts to develop end-to-end tests for new marketing channels; lead product team on testing programs
- Coordinate efforts of specialized search and paid social channel experts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams Marketing, Business Operations, and Sales teams to manage both short-term actions and long-term strategy that meet customer expectations and drive lead qualification
- Set key performance indicator criteria and evaluation mechanisms for product launches and communication to determine success
- Use analytic platforms like Mixpanel and Google analytics to assess the performance of campaigns and aspects of funnel
- Uncover optimization opportunities through ad hoc analysis using SQL and various Reporting Tools
- Use data and consumer insight to iterate on messaging
- Work with partner health plans to communicate benefits of Better Health to their members
- Lead an internal team of Product/Marketing Managers and external Creative resources
- Equip Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams with resources and enablement materials they need to drive demand, build the sales pipeline, win opportunities, and deliver a great customer experience through transparency and meaningful solutions
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, ideally across a few different marketing sub-disciplines; Healthcare and/or Health & Wellness industries preferred
- Strong analytic capabilities balanced with creative eye
- Patient-facing healthcare experience valuable
- Understanding of online marketing best practices (e.g. SEO, SEM, Lead-gen, Reputation management)
- Experience implementing and/or using a CRM to perform lead qualification and some involvement in Sales Ops
- Demonstrated success launching medical device products preferred
- Ability to create a culture of inclusiveness and accountability
What would set you apart:
- Experience managing a remote team.
- Experience in healthcare.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commission, and benefits (Medical, Dental, and more)
- Talented and fun coworkers who are passionate about improving our healthcare system.
- The opportunity to be part of a mission-driven company and make a difference in patients’ lives.
- Fully remote. Our team is spread throughout the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- B2C Marketing: 7 years (Required)
- Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervising experience: 2 years (Required)
- SEO: 3 years (Required)
- Startup: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote