Senior User Experience Researcher
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced product designer who can drive engagement and visits for new customers, helping them quickly make the most of Etsy’s breadth and depth of inventory and become frequent buyers.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design strategy and execution, collaborating with partners to build and realize a vision. You will design for mobile web and desktop with a close consideration of how those designs can translate into the Etsy app. Do you find happiness in deeply understanding customer needs to drive core business growth goals? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn or San Francisco, reporting to the Product Design Manager. We also offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Work in a squad with a product manager, 3-7 engineers, researchers and analysts.
- Set design strategy and priorities, planning discovery, roadmaps and experiments with your partners
- Lead discovery and ideation workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach
- Ideate, prototype and test hypotheses with users to discover insights that evolve the work forward
- Take part in weekly design critiques, workshops, and present your work to peers and leadership for feedback
- Think critically and write about your process and document your decisions
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you’ll bring:
- Experience working on mobile web, desktop and native app platforms with an understanding of how mobile web experiences translates to native apps
- Proven success leading and developing brand-new experiences and building upon existing features with qualitative and quantitative insights
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and optimally present a clear vision to partners, stakeholders and leadership
- Successful track record of experimentation and design execution that has clear impact towards business and customer experience goals
- A trust in and dedication to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.