Backend or Full-Stack Developer - Ruby on Rails (EU)
Headquarters: Fully Remote
About YouAre you an exceptionally strong, mid-to-senior Backend or Full-Stack Developer with an independent mindset? Do you want to work remotely on challenging projects within a great community? Sounds like you’ll be a great fit for Clearview. With us, you’ll actively drive code review and architecture choices -- as well as mentor our other engineers and be key in directing the evolution of our projects.
For this project, you’d start as soon as possible.
You’ll need to be:
- Working within the physical borders of the EU. You would need to be available during EU business hours -- and occasionally outside of those hours to handle an emergency, as you will be the first point of contact in case of live site issues.
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written (however: we don’t mind which version of the English language it is)
- A high-level communicator
- A fully proactive and self-directed time-management expert, very capable and happy working independently while communicating very regularly with your intercontinental teammates.
What we expect of you:
- You’ll write lots of Ruby code, incorporating best practices, design patterns and frameworks that will last for years to come.
- You have strong experience and understand the ins and outs of Ruby on Rails.
- Participate in design sessions with your team members, coming up with the optimum technical solution: one that not only meets business requirements, but does so with performance, scalability and maintainability in mind.
- Innovate. There’s always something we can improve upon, whether it be process or tools or technology choices. If you can dream it, you’ll likely get to build it.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases (Postges, MySQL..), Redis and Elasticsearch
It would be awesome if:
- You have some experience working remotely (but if you’re a clear communicator with rock-solid reliability and you’re curious about making the leap to remote, we’ll guide you through it)
- You can write React or Vue code and understand state management (ex: Redux or Vuex).
- You can write TypeScript and have worked with NodeJS.
- You understand the AWS / GCP / Docker / K8s services and ecosystem.
- You understand CI tools and implement CD (Delivery/Deployment)