Senior Security Engineer
Total Expert is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing Application Security organization. Security is at the root of everything we build at Total Expert. The person in this role will bring a strong understanding of web application security/familiarity with the OWASP Top 10 and is able to offer guidance to other team members on design or technical questions. If you have working knowledge of the ASVS and the ability to automate QA testing, that’s even better! The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Work directly with business and software team members to define, design, implement, and test application architectures and technologies for Total Expert software systems
- Lead security assurance automation and secure coding best practice enforcement through CI/CD pipeline integration
- Use modern application architecture principles to build reference architectures and example code libraries
- Work with limited supervision and provide technical security leadership the entire Total Expert Engineering team
- Evangelize security practices and lead technical security training efforts
What we look for:
- Collaborates and consults with management and development teams to analyze security requirements, assess feasibility of a solution, recommend security strategies, and assist in the design of the security requirements for the project
- Address software security issues as they are raised through external or internal sources
- Maintains a clear understanding of Total Expert's current security architecture and application capabilities and acts as a technical resource for other teams as security considerations are discussed and implemented
- Assists in troubleshooting existing applications. Handles support issues within areas of expertise
- Experience with SAST and DAST practices in CI/CD environments
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology solutions for areas of expertise
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow
- Will thrive in high growth culture: Has a forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about building great products, innovation, and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- 3-5 years of previous application development with some experience in identifying and addressing security issues in code
- Strong programming skills and can provide mentoring for other software team members in programming best practices and architecture-related topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines)
- Has a knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and ASVS lists
- Ability to participate in code and design reviews with software team members
- Ability to work on and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong history of getting things done in a timely and practical manner with minimal supervision
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Strong technical communication skills
- Demonstrated history of staying current on best practices in technology
- AWS Cloud Security certifications or knowledge
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.