Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Project Manager who is interested in both processes and product to join our growing team ¯\(ツ)/¯
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Have at least 1 year with project management experience.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in web-development.
- Thrive in a remote-first environment.
- Have experience in distributed teams management.
- Are detail-oriented and organized.
- Have experience in writing functional requirements.
- Have a good management and communication skills.
- Can set priorities and work with deadlines.
- Know the SDLC and project management agile frameworks.
- Are located in a timezone within 3 hours of San Francisco.
- Are fluent in verbal and written English.
How you’ll add value at Contra:
- Organize the Engineering team timeline according to the Product roadmap and build the Iteration plans based on the team's capacity and possible risks.
- Introduce best practices to increase team's velocity and automate processes.
- Coordinate with our amazing design team to ensure the design requirements are consistent.
- Create user stories based on the product requirements and designs.
- Participate in product meetings and advise on the requirements and design solutions.
How Contra can add value for you:
- Remote-first culture
- Healthcare for employees
- Well-funded company built to scale
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month (throughout Covid)
- A custom slack emoji, just for you
- React, Suspense, & Relay
- styled-system, styled-components, and storybook
- DevOps: Gitlab CI/CD, ArgoCD, Kubernetes
- Backend: NodeJS, GraphQL, GraphQL Helix , Redis, PostgreSQL
Our interview process:
- Complete a self-assessment form (10-15 minutes)
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical interview with Product Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Founders (30 minutes)
- You will receive a final answer from Contra no later than 48 hours after your final interview
Why join Contra?
Hear it from us:
“It’s really fulfilling to work with such a passionate team to reimagine the future of work. There’s a lot of excitement around what we’re building, but at the same time, it’s balanced with a healthy respect for each other, working async and fully remote.” - Head of Product
“Working at Contra means working with humble and talented peers at the cutting edge of technology and design trends. Being able to contribute to a product with the potential to make work "work" for the individual and empower creatives fills me with joy every single day.” - Frontend Engineer
*Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match with everything we've mentioned in this job post, so don't be hold back from applying if you are close to the requirements but not 100% spot on.*