Senior DevOps Engineer
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for automation. In this position, you will work closely with all of our engineering teams to help make their services more performant, reliable, observable, and scalable. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to define the DevOps roadmap, mentor other engineers, influence our engineering organization's direction, and grow as a leader.
If you are looking to make an impact in a company that is changing an industry, then this role is for you!
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a DevOps role
- Strong technical expertise in managing infrastructure in a PaaS environment such as Heroku, Azure, or AWS
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines in a PaaS environment such as CircleCI, Gitlab CI, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with monorepo build systems such as Bazel, Buck, Pants, Lerna, or Yarn Workspaces.
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Bash, Python, TypeScript, or similar.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to maintain clear documentation and proposals.
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career, is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.