Product Owner - Platform
Product Owner – Platform
Location: Bristol / Remote
Salary: £Competitive - plus a competitive benefits package that includes 33 days holiday, pension, healthcare & career development
- Work with a great team creating an awesome web platform that will revolutionise our industry
- Make an impact in the green energy / renewables sector
- Working with leading technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision & Big Data
At Rovco we are developing the platform for mobile autonomous robotics starting with the offshore renewable energy sector. Our R&D department produces state of the art camera systems coupled with the latest in machine learning techniques. We use this to deploy underwater robots on wind farms where they perform visual surveys and output detailed 3D models.
To keep them connected we have built an Intelligent Data Platform that integrates with our state-of-the-art AI driven camera system and the latest machine learning techniques.
Role is to support the web platform team to develop a product that customers want to use and is fit for purpose. Once the Product Owner has identified and defined the requirement, the Product Owner will schedule / coordinate delivery with the Project Manager and the Platform Team Lead.
This role reports into the Global Product Manager and works with a matrix of stakeholders such as the Web Development Team, Sales and Project Management.
- Obtaining the feature requirements from the business and externally for the product
- Determine who and how are using the product
- Creating the standardised procedures & roll out for requirements capture
- Research and define what the products requirement / capability needs to be
- Needs to capture customer feedback from client demonstrations
- Experience of working with internal (sales) and external customers
- Must define brief, specification, product development & road map
- Ability to organise all information gathered
- Working with the business to understand the priorities for the near-term roadmap
- Must be embedded to be available to fine tune features and requirements
- Ensuring prioritisation of the features/scheduling that will be going into the development workflow
- Supporting the Dev Team to get the information they need
- Making sure that the product is complete (documentation & training)
- Create detailed user stories
- Strong presentation experience to present back to the business and achieve stakeholder approval
- Demonstrable experience / management and experience of web application delivery
- Technical Understanding
- Understanding of cloud application development
- Big Data and Machine Learning Applications
- Working within Agile frameworks
- Experience capturing UX requirements
- Relevant project / sector experience
- Experience of working on large SaaS applications
- Relevant project/sector experience
- Research / PO methodology qualification
People join Rovco because they can identify with our vision. They feel excited by the opportunity to leave their mark and produce something that is used to solve real world problems.
We appreciate our team’s passion and drive to perform at the highest level, so offer a competitive salary, flexible/remote working, 33 days holiday, private pension, medical insurance scheme, cycle to work scheme, season ticket benefit (not loan) if you want to work in our central Bristol or Edinburgh office (at least once the world goes back to a close normal state)!
We are shaping our culture around our team, encouraging and supporting learning activities and we want our employees to be part of a team that goes above and beyond good performance, we believe doing things together makes us more cohesive and creates an enjoyable place to spend our working hours in.
We tend to keep our job ads wide to capture interesting people with different skills and experience, so even if you do not tick all the boxes but you are excited about the job and feel confident you could hit the ground running please send us your CV.