Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Engineering (SecEng) team is responsible for securing Twilio’s complex global network. SecEng engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and implement betterments, understanding complex architectures and systems, drive down the number of vulnerabilities, reduce the blast radius of any vulnerabilities, and assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, assisting junior team members, and working with experts in cellular networks.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security engineer who livesand has the following requirements:
- 4+ years experience with production AWS environments
- AWS Certifications
- Azure, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
- 4+ years evaluating network and system security issues
- Data Center to Cloud migration experience
- Experience in penetration testing and red/blue team activities
- Linux command line skills, as well as scripting knowledge
- Python, Ruby, Objective-C, Swift
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- DRAW THE OWL: Working with 2G/4G/5G and emerging cellular technologies
- Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Working alongside engineering teams as their subject matter expert
- NO SHENANIGANS: Closely work with Amazon Web Services, testing new services and developing guidance on how to use them securely
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE: Helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As a Cloud Security Engineer your work and designs will be critical in positioning ourselves as the most trusted brand in communications. You’ll also work with our most risk averse customers to discuss our security architecture. Our wide-ranging use of communications technology and cloud controls also offers excellent opportunities for research, the team regularly speaks at conferences around the world on these issues.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.