Marketing Design Manager
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down!
We’re looking for a design leader to help us take on the next set of challenges. Somebody capable of building opinions by defining goals, direction and strategy, but also comfortable getting into the weeds and working directly with their team. At Shopify, leaders sketch, too. They thrive on change and operate on trust, leveraging the diverse perspectives of the people on their team in everything they do. We’re fascinated by how you think, how you break down problems and come up with solutions. We look for those who are curious, never satisfied and always seek to do better and make better. Those who want to deeply understand why people do things.
You and the other members of the team will constantly work to improve how we present Shopify to prospective merchants and create compelling content that resonates with our audiences. Working on multiple types of projects at once, you’ll have to be good at managing your time and priorities as well as resourceful and flexible. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, focussed on creating high-quality experiences that grow Shopify above everything else.
- A keen eye for good design and attention to detail.
- Providing technical and strategic UX design on marketing efforts.
- Ensuring that your team ships exceptionally high UX quality on projects.
- Working closely with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements.
- A soft spot for the end user – advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- The desire to drive creative through an end-to-end UX process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation.
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, etc), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (content strategy, wire-framing, art direction, and interaction design).
- Exceptional UI abilities shown in an extensive portfolio of projects
- Knowledge and familiarity with a data informed approach to design — you’ve used tools and resources needed to measure success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities.
- Passion for unpacking and solving complex problems.
- The ability to prioritize simultaneous project requests from various teams.
- Anticipating hiring needs on your team and helping to recruit for them.
- You’ve led a team in a multidisciplinary environment, including design, research, front-end development, and content strategy.
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience and understand how to take users on a complete journey from discovery to adoption and success.
- You understand that leadership is a craft, and know how to mentor your team members to help them grow and succeed.
- You love solving complex problems with simple design solutions.
- You like to collaborate with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- You provide teams with long term vision and strategy but don’t mind doing the work yourself when the situation arises.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.