Junior DevOps Engineer
Headquarters: Bellingham, WA, USA
Our company has a strong mission ensuring our tools make Brivity the only system that guarantees success in real estate. We are always striving to be better engineers, evaluating ourselves through retrospectives, putting the resulting action items into practice and supporting personal growth by sharing techniques and best practices through lunch-and-learns and group discussions on new technology.
We're growing at a rapid rate and we’re looking to build new technology to scale our business. We're looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: keeping the real estate agent relevant in the home buying/ selling process.
The Core team owns several software products built as individual offerings and as a platform solution. These products are built using a services approach, communicating through API calls and message queue technologies. As these systems provide the foundational information about all client data, building and supporting services that are robust at scale is central to our mission.
- Being on call to solve infrastructure issues as they infrequently arise
- Building scalable, immutable infrastructure to host a variety of services and applications in AWS.
- Defining the architecture for continued decomposition of existing monolithic, Rails-centric services into a future where multiple services, each with a dedicated focus, can be deployed and scaled independently
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint
- Representing DevOps to the Business Team for discussing and resolving technical issues with a business impact
- Documenting, teaching, and assisting team members to use our systems and workflows as well as managing their access
- At least 1+ years of Kubernetes
- At least 3+ years of Linux experience
- Experience with cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience automating web server deployments
- Knowledgeable of configuring and managing monitoring solutions
- Strong skills at automating CI/CD with shell scripts
- Ability to architect secure networks
- Experience tooling and configuring web servers and proxies (Apache, Nginx)
- A strong understanding of what Cloud Native means, how to architect 12-factor apps, and how to advocate for development that scales along with understanding the business trade offs
- A Zen-like patience for reading and writing documentation
- Be resourceful and able to work independently with minimal direction while communicating effectively with the team: self-starter/self-motivated/self-learner
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Experience writing Docker files
- Experience writing Helm charts
- Experience with ECK and related services
- Experience with tracing and service meshes
- Experience building out data integration solutions with business partners
- Experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks - extra bonus for Ruby on Rails, .Net, Go, Elixir and Node.js
- A passion to constantly strive for better security, reliability, and automation
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible)
- Experience with IaC (CloudFormation, Terraform, or Pulumi)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Brivity, Inc. is the technology division within the Ben Kinney Companies. Ben Kinney Cos. is the #31 company in transaction volume according to the Real Trends 500 2018 report and #470 in the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America. Our development team is headquartered in Bellingham, WA with remote developers working throughout North America, from Florida to Hawaii and Costa Rica to Washington.
Brivity, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Brivity provides unlimited time off and other benefits such as maternal/paternal paid leave.