Director of Customer Success
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences their customers love.
We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And after you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority.
That’s why we exist. We help companies set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Pinterest, Home Depot, and Spotify.
We’re a ~45 person, fully remote startup, with a goal to double in 2021.
About Customer Success
We’re looking to bring on an entrepreneurial, analytical, and relationship focused person to lead our Customer Success team as its Director. You’ll manage an excellent CSM, and work with them to scale our systems, segment our customers, and run experiments with the ultimate goal of increasing customer retention. At the beginning you will be a player-coach, you’ll own your own segment of customers, and work in close collaboration with our head of Customer Development to expand key accounts. You’ll report to our VP of Revenue, and work closely with them to set goals, train the team, grow relationships, and iterate on everything we do.
Our CS team is just 12 months old. It’s proven its ability to retain and expand our customer base, but there is a lot more to do!
- Lead our Customer Success team
- Mange our Customer Success Manager (and future CSMs)
- Develop long-term relationships with our most important customers
- Continually optimize touch points to segment and support our clients as efficiently as possible
- Work with CD to target and support expansion opportunities
- Champion the needs & frustrations of our customers, sharing key insights internally
- 3+ years of Customer Success experience (ideally at a SaaS company)
- Management experience
- Entrepreneurial, analytical, and a good communicator
- Self-starter, able to work on multiple things at once
- Excited about being remote
- Can wrestle clarity from ambiguity
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Think companies should be obsessed with their customers!
- Competitive pay – 90k to 105k annually
- An equity stake in the company
- 100% premium-covered healthcare + dental + vision coverage for you
- PTO, holidays, and floating holidays
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Flexibility in when / where / how you work
- 1 or 2 company retreats per year (you know, when we are allowed to travel and be in large groups again…)
- Equipment and office setup budget