Remote Customer Service Representative
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Our Common Purpose is the guiding principle that exemplifies the way we behave at Liberty Mutual Insurance. It supports us and keeps us on track as we strive to achieve our business goals. It defines how we interact with our customers, agents, and each other to deliver the kind of exceptional customer experience that differentiates us from our competitors. We achieve our Common Purpose by demonstrating our Quality Standards of behaving with integrity, delivering expertise, showing care and compassion, and making things easy.
The Gold Service program contributes to Safeco’s position as a leader in the independent agency channel. Through Gold, we provide industry leading expertise to help our independent agents grow and care for their customers 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year. Our support not only improves customer experiences, but also allows agents to focus on other areas of their business, like promoting quality growth for Safeco.
At the heart of growing our program is you – our valued employee!
Our call center class begins on Monday, 2/15/2021. Our hours of operation are from Sunday through Saturday, 7:00am-12:15am PST. We support our customers 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year so our customer service representatives need to be flexible to work within the hours of operation, plus weekends and holidays.
Through our company paid 10 week training program, you will learn about insurance policies, regulations, servicing, and what it takes to demonstrate our Quality Standards and Common Purpose, delighting our customers and agents every step of the way. Training hours are from 8:00am-4:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday. This includes formal classroom instruction, assessments, and testing to pass the Personal Lines Licensing exam, which is a requirement for this role.
- Helps customers in their time of need by building rapport, responding to, and resolving inbound phone calls in a fast-paced call center environment. This is done by identifying and providing services and solutions to their questions regarding renewals, coverage, eligibility, billing, and policy changes.
- Delivers expertise by identifying and analyzing customer and agent needs to ensure high satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
- Provides counsel, guidance and suggestions to our customers to adequately cover and protect what they value most. This is done by using upselling and cross-selling sales skills to educate customers and agents on new and existing insurance products & services.
- Upholds our customer care standards by achieving individual goals on call quality, handle time, lead transfer ratio, adherence, first call resolution, and reliability.
- Maintains and tracks accurate data in various computer systems.
- This position requires you to reside within the United States and able to work within Central Time, Mountain Time or Pacific Time. The following states/districts are excluded from eligibility at this time: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Washington DC, West Virginia.
- Associate`s degree in a business related field or equivalent training required.
- Minimum of 6 months related work experience required, Customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no pre-established format.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment are required.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical.
- Proficiency with computers is mandatory.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft office tools is necessary.
- Must have a clear understanding of the organization`s policies, standards and procedures to guide customer interactions.
- Appropriate licenses up hiring/training, along with passing Proficiency Assessments is required.
- Our Gold team plays an essential role in delivering #peaceofmind to our customers and agents, and we look forward in having you join us to help achieve our goals together.