Director Technical Customer Support
Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding teams globally across all functions.
As a company, our core values drive our processes. We have a bias for action, we innovate and demand quality, we work with integrity, we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and our communities. We are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive and passion.
We are now adding a Director Technical Customer Support to #TeamGreen based in the US. This is an amazing chance to help build and scale one of Matillion's fast growing teams.
The Director of Technical Customer Support leads Matillion’s world-wide customer support organization, ensuring all service levels are met or exceeded, and initiating new and enhanced processes to improve team productivity and delight Matillion’s customers.
What will you be doing?
- Establishing and maintaining the quality and direction of the global Customer Support team, positioning the organization to address the needs of a growing enterprise customer base
- Maintaining and continuing to develop a team of highly capable and technically talented problem solvers who collaborate seamlessly with other functional groups across Matillion
- Building a career framework for the customer support organization that enhances the team’s focus on professional development and provides opportunities to develop leadership capabilities within the team
- Partnering with Product Marketing and Product Management to ensure effective, ongoing enablement of the global customer support team
- Driving excellence in customer support, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback to make operational and strategic decisions; ultimately owning the overall KPIs for the department
- Reporting on key support metrics, business impact, and customer impact of the customer support process, driving a culture of continuous improvement and customer delight
- Partnering with the Success Management, Professional Services and Operations teams inside Customer Success to drive continuous improvement of a unified customer success solution for customers
- Partnering with the Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering organizations to optimize the customer journey for Matillion customers
Customer support process management
- Owning the global 24x7 customer support process, driving efficient resolution of customer issues and an optimal customer experience
- Implementing systems and processes designed to enable scale and customer support excellence for all customer tiers and across all of Matillion’s support offerings
- Ensuring adherence to global customer support case management practices, including meeting or exceeding defined SLAs Initiating new or enhanced processes to improve productivity and the overall customer experience
- Helping define the intersection of Matillion’s customer success and community strategies
- Developing global programs and offerings focused on continuous improvement of Matillion’s customer support solution
- Consistently gathering the collective wisdom of the organization to improve Matillion’s customer support solution
Product and Engineering collaboration
- Providing feedback to product and engineering based on your visibility into how customers are using and interacting with Matillion
- Leading the support escalation process in partnership with Product and Engineering
- Participating in the Product Council representing the thematic needs of Matillion’s customers from a support perspective
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- 5+ years leading tiered support teams including a premium support offering
- 10+ years experience managing enterprise customer relationships in technical support, business operations, or other support delivery based organizations
- Experience implementing and managing a 24x7 support model (Follow the Sun and/or on call)
- Experience managing international support teams
- Proven understanding of both proactive and reactive escalation management practices and failure patterns
- 5+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or a private cloud environment
- Working understanding of SaaS/PaaS/IaaS architectures, application, use and management
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle, including agile development
- Working knowledge of cloud data landscape - ETL, data governance, data warehousing, BI/AI
- Familiarity with database technology, especially Cloud Data Warehouses (such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Azure Synapse Analytics)
- Some flexibility in working hours to provide backup for on call model
- Travel- 15-20% (post-Covid)
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Strong leadership abilities and a management philosophy of being an enabler of high performance across the team versus “the boss”
- An intersection of technical skill and first class customer communication skills
- Collaborative working style and a cross-functional orientation, with strong ability to build relationships with other leaders and teams
- Creative problem solving skills and a mentality of “art of the possible”
- Forward thinking with a proactive mindset towards continuous improvement Oriented towards measurable results, with the ability to advocate for both customers and internal teams, always striving for mutually-beneficial solutions
- Ability to thrive in an Agile environment
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch!