Half Helix : Back End Developer (RoR, Node)
Headquarters: New York & Toronto
Backend Developers are responsible for implementing well tested and thoughtful solutions across a wide range of challenges. We are looking for someone that has deep experience integrating third-party platforms and following modern software design patterns. The ideal candidate has familiarity with (or a willingness to learn about) performance optimization, background queuing, unit testing, CI/CD build outs, REST/GraphQL API architecture concerns and database design best practices, to name a few topics.
We build out our backend solutions typically over Ruby On Rails or Node (Serverless or otherwise). We are known for our work with large Shopify merchants, but we seek projects that push us to solve complex problems in the general e-Commerce sphere.
We are looking for someone that has a passion for writing beautiful code in an effort to create clear and systematic solutions that speak to design and technical visions. We are looking for someone that is not scared of experimentation and challenging convention but at the same time excited about peer-review, constructive critique and collaboration.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- 3+ years of web development experience.
- 1+ years experience with Shopify as a platform. We love fast learners but some platform experience is a must.
- Expertise with either Ruby on Rails or Node. Experience with Serverless frameworks a plus.
- Experience with testing and integrating REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Great interpersonal communication skills (expect to be interfacing with clients and the internal team alike).
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
- Full health benefits
- Flexible time off
- Annual offsite in Mexico
- Education stipend
- Summer Fridays
- Great clients and experience