At the Only One Collective, our purpose is to turn the tide on ocean conservation by connecting people to urgent environmental issues and the communities affected by them, while identifying clear steps that will drive significant change. We do this through our two sister organizations: SeaLegacy and the Only One Platform. We focus on amplifying stories and campaigns that sit at the intersection of ocean health and social justice. We want to redistribute power by making the space we have available to a diverse group of storytellers and activists, prioritizing those whose experiences and narratives are marginalized and whose campaigns could use broad grassroots support to achieve meaningful impact.
The Only One Collective was first established in 2019, and today the organization has twenty full-time employees, across product, design, content, engagement. By partnering with other changemakers in the space, we aim to support innovative solutions that strengthen marine ecosystems and the communities that depend on them most.
The Only One Collective has a sizable existing community, including 10M followers across social media channels, an email list of ~300K, and The Tide, a growing community of ~4K monthly donors committed to supporting ocean solutions.
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will report to our Marketing Manager and collaborate closely with our editorial and product teams. You will be responsible for collecting, managing, and producing engaging content for distribution across all owned digital channels, including primarily email and social, as well as the platform, paid advertising, and content for partner distribution. Media will include photos, graphics, and videos. This is a full-time position.
Strong candidates are well-versed and active across social media platforms, design programs, and video editing, including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. This role requires self-discipline, independent ideation, and execution with a strong attention to detail and a proven track record of high quality performance in a fast-paced, nimble, media and start-up environment.
- Manage the production of original visual and video content designed for performance across social channels, email campaigns, and paid advertising
- Work across growth, editorial, product, and production teams, as well as with our partner organizations, to collect, organize, develop, and distribute media assets, including photos, graphics, and videos
- Support the editorial team and Community Manager in identifying, securing, and producing partner content for distribution across social channels and on the platform
- Work with the Marketing Manager and external marketing vendors to develop engaging creative for paid advertising campaigns
- Assist the Community Manager and the Impact Team in the development of assets for campaign briefs, toolkits and content packages for partners and influencers to encourage broad engagement around major campaign launches and milestones
- Understanding of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite to design simple infographics and other visual products leveraging existing templates
- Experience with HTML to implement simple formatting on website pages and within email templates
- Capacity for video editing, including ability to cut clips from a longer video
- You are active across digital channels.
- You engage regularly on social media and are on-top of the newest campaigns, tools and product features. You know which formats perform well on each channel and which brands and creators are producing the most interesting and innovative content.
- You understand the unique attributes of each social media platform.
- You know how to produce content and campaigns in a manner that maximizes the reach and product features of each platform. You have an understanding how shifts in platform features or distribution models might define the types of content that performs best.
- You breathe storytelling and design.
- You understand how powerful good design can be, and you know how to visually and emotionally build, maintain, and evolve a cohesive brand. You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions. You know how to use design and video to communicate complex storylines, policies, or solutions across digital channels in a way that is simple, interesting, educational and engaging.
- You see the bigger picture.
- You have the strategic prowess to help design digital campaigns and content that leverage our brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to fuel sustainable growth. You’re able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal.
- You’re obsessed with the details.
- You know when to choose progress over perfection, but you strive for excellence in every little detail. You always wear a creative hat, but you also love the numbers that help you make more intelligent decisions.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with people who are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence. We're a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in our organization. You bring humor, humility, and kindness to your work.
- You’re a leader and a learner.
- You're excited to collaborate with other teams and you’re skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You enjoy managing and mentoring others. At the same time, you are never done learning and you constantly surround yourself with people you can learn from.
- You get things done.
- You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work remotely.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote work set up to allow flexibility for your own working style
- Stipends for personal learning developments as well as home office set-up
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 3+ weeks guaranteed PTO
- Unique opportunities for you to spend time in the field (or the ocean!) with our incredible storytellers