Big Data Engineer, DevOps Architect
USA-based Devops-as-a-Service provider, Caylent, seeks a Big Data Engineer with Hadoop & some DevOps experience.
We specialize in Kubernetes for cloud-native projects with AWS, GCP and serverless. Our Engineers are leaders and mentors who wear different technology hats of a small boutique firm without the corporate headaches.
Enjoy the benefits of a full-time, permanent position where you work REMOTE from home and only speak in English with interesting clients in machine learning and block chain indutries.
NOTE: Work sponsorship not available.
- Professional level English fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years recent experience SysAdmin (Hadoop, Cassandra, MySQL, Hadoop components such as Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Kafka, Sqoop
- 3+ years data analytics experience
- Hands-on cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP)
- Staff level or higher DevOps Engineer experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- GCP, AWS or other Professional Certificates preferred
- DevOps Certificates a plus
- Build and manage Hadoop Production Clusters, Kafka, Hive and HDFS
- Responsible for full life cycle support of GCP hosted data systems
- Work with team on strategic shift from on-prem apps and deploying workloads to GCP
- Develop and maintain Database-as-a-Service and Kubernetes-as-a-Service
- Configure and maintain Puppet, SaltStack
- Cobbler configurations for infrastructure automation, including patch management and bare metal server deployment
- Implement solutions for Cloud infrastructure, containerized application workloads, platform scalability, or CI/CD pipelines and tooling
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Bring new features and services into production
- Infrastructure as Code design with Terraform
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- BigData DevOps Hybrid Engineer role - Opportunity to grow your DevOps expertise
- Compensation paid in $USD
- Generous paid-time off
- Work from home or shared office space
- Paid for internal training programs and memberships to online trainings
- Company-paid certification courses, test, and bonus for each certificaton
- Work with cool, new tech - NO legacy systems
- Exciting and challenging work
- Work with great people and supportive management