Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retain our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning. Our Recruiting Coordinators are responsible for all things candidate experience. They partner closely with recruiters to ensure that candidates are seamlessly transitioned through all stages of the interview process. At Coursera we believe that every interaction counts and our recruiting coordinators help to make sure that all candidates at every stage have an excellent experience.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Act as point of contact for candidates throughout the interview process and provide a great candidate experience.
- Handle heavy, complex interview scheduling that may consist of international and offsite meetings as well as external video conferencing.
- Partner with Executive Assistants and Recruiting Coordinators to ensure a great candidate experience.
- Provide timely follow-up on talent pipelines by managing our Applicant Tracking System
- Communicate professionally and tactfully, treating all candidates with the highest level of confidentiality and customer service
- Participate and execute on recruiting initiatives driven by Recruiting, PeopleOps, Engineering, and other teams (e.g. recruitment fairs, intern program, diversity conferences)
- Assist in recruiting, programs and diversity related projects as needed
- 1+ year of experience with scheduling and managing calendars, recruiting coordination, or related
- You have experience with using applicant tracking systems or similar tools
- Experience with scheduling, hosting batch days, and planning events
- Interest and curiosity in recruiting or operations role with a main focus on scheduling via Google Calendar and Gmail
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, highly self-driven and detail oriented
- Discretion and sound judgement, with ability to interact with all levels of candidates and Coursera employees
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions