Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
The HIV/AIDS epidemic is not over, especially in Black communities. Would you like to be a part of the solution? The Black AIDS Institute (BAI) is looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to help us end HIV and AIDS. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is an essential part of the Black AIDS Institute's leadership team. Under the supervision of the Director of National Programs, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system that excels in capturing and reporting project progress in achieving outcomes and results and in program implementation. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager provides oversight for program planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. They identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies, train program employees, maintain contact with program partners and ensure all program aspects comply with funder requirements.
Black people, LGBTQ+ people, and people living with HIV or on PrEP are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Los Angeles, California or Southern U.S.
Reporting Relationship: Director of National Programs
Supervisory Relationship: Program Managers, Coordinators, Specialists, and Interns
Agency-wide Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the mission, vision, and values of the Black AIDS Institute
· Complies willingly with all organizational policies and procedures
· Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
o Initiative and ownership of work
o Individual maturity
o Respect for others
o A team-centered and asset-based approach
o Maintenance of confidential information
· Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
· Monitor grant-implementation, the setting of targets, and the achievement of results
· Design and enhance the M&E system to ensure it can meet the evolving data needs and emerging priorities
· Maintain the implemented policies, guidance, systems, procedures and tools related to monitoring and evaluation, and update as needed.
· Oversee all data collection and analysis processes to measure progress and achievements according to the M&E plan.
· Provide strategic and technical leadership in monitoring and evaluation, results reporting, data utilization for program decision-making and knowledge management
· Develop project quantitative and qualitative indicators as well as processes and tools to measure them
· Engage with program staff in developing and implementing annual project work plans
· Write reports, analyze findings and provide recommendations as required
· Support learning and the application of data to continuously improve the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of BAI’s programs;
· Initiate required training events with stakeholders, including implementing partners, in M&E topics.
· Collaborate with other BAI departments as part of the BAI leadership team to ensure cohesiveness and excellence in overall program development and execution
· Displays an ability to manage multiple tasks using independent judgment and discretion
· Works independently and accurately in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment; ability to work under pressure while exercising discretionary judgment and making decisions when necessary with minimal direct supervision
· Any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our organization’s values
· Some travel required
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluating public health
· Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management (maintaining a data base, quality control measures) and in the presentation of results for the identification of best practices and to inform decision-making
· Proficiency in using databases and statistical software is required (e.g., SPSS or EPI-Info) as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, Power Point and mobile technologies to report data
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· A master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Science, Biostatistics or a related field
· High level proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication, public speaking and presentation skills
· Expertise in adult learning theory and instructional design
· Expertise in in-person and long-distance curriculum development and delivery
· Excellent training and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated understanding of the structural and cultural issues related to HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment among Black people and Black LGBTQ communities
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts and maintain confidentiality at all times
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
• Ability to read, write and converse in English
• Ability to communicate efficiently with staff, stakeholders, and vendors
• Ability to remain calm and composed under stress
• Bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing/pulling, and/or prolonged sitting/standing
• Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation
• Ability to organize
• Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements)
About the Black AIDS Institute
The Black AIDS Institute (BAI) is the only national HIV/AIDS think tank focused exclusively on Black people. The Institute's mission is to stop the AIDS epidemic in Black communities by engaging and mobilizing Black institutions and individuals in efforts to confront HIV. The Institute interprets public and private sector HIV policies, conducts trainings, offers technical assistance, disseminates information and provides advocacy mobilization from a uniquely and unapologetically Black point of view.
The Black AIDS Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about the Black AIDS Institute visit.