Are you passionate about bringing efficiencies to organizations through DevOps? Do you want to be part of an engineering team that is focused on building tools that drive organizational change and engineering system excellence? If so, keep reading!
We are a growing team made up of customer-obsessed and passionate individuals. Much of our work focuses on building tools that help customers modernize their approach to software development. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems.
We are looking for a thoughtful, analytical, and adaptive problem solver who has a broad range of interests. Our team brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage our people to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment.
- Plan and develop new features for active projects
- Help troubleshoot customer issues as they arise
- Share knowledge with others through solution documents, engage with technical communities, and create learning materials.
- 1-3 years of solid experience in software development and DevOps
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD solutions – e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI
- Experience in both a compiled language and a dynamic language
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Able to coordinate with teams across locations and time zones
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and the willingness to explore the unknown
- Possess an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and the ability to work with a global team
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.