Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Software Engineering organization. As a member of our growing Data Engineering team, you’ll use cutting edge AWS technologies and leverage your experience with data and data technologies to build out our fast-growing data and analytics platform that serves both our internal team members and our customers.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data, databases, and all things in between and can bring their experience around best practices and effective technology approaches for moving, assembling, and creating value with data within a cloud-based SaaS platform. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Develop ETL to populate data lake using Glue / Spark
- Develop streaming data pipelines using Lambda, Python, and Amazon Kinesis
- Create data extracts to support internal reporting, analytics, and machine learning initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and support customer facing analytics data model, including data extracts and data API
- Performance tuning and maintenance on ETL and streaming pipeline processes
- Mentor other team members on best practices
- Participate in team-based knowledge sharing opportunities and contributing to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of Total Expert’s Data Engineering team
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience developing with Big Data and data streaming technologies in a team-based environment
- 3+ years of experience with AWS data tools and technologies including Glue, Athena, S3, Lambda, and Data Warehouse software such as Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- 2+ years Python experience
- Experience building data warehouse dimensional models for ease of use and performance
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Team based Agile/Scrum development experience using tooling such as Jira, Git, etc.
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow
- Will thrive in high growth culture: Has a forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Big Company Benefits, High Growth Lifestyle
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health & Wellness Program Membership
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Voluntary Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.