<b>How Is This Role Important to Our Work?<br>\n<\u002Fb><\u002Fh1><p><br>\nThis position is responsible for answering our customer questions pertaining to product information, benefits, claims resolution, eligibility and billing questions in a call center environment. Proactively provides information and education to customers, as appropriate, about a variety of health, financial, and self-service programs.\n<\u002Fp><p><\u002Fp><p>We provide 6-8 weeks of paid training to set you up for success
About Blue Cross
At Blue Cross, we understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position is responsible for answering our customer questions pertaining to product information, benefits, claims resolution, eligibility and billing questions in a call center environment. Proactively provides information and education to customers, as appropriate, about a variety of health, financial, and self-service programs.
We provide 6-8 weeks of paid training to set you up for success in this role! Training begins 1/11/2021. Schedule during training: Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:00 PM (subject to change), Schedule after training: Rotating 8.5 shifts between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday-Friday.
This position will begin as a remote, work from home position. You are required to have an Internet Service Provider (ISP) that has a high-speed internet land-based connection. To ensure stable performance, the connection should be hard-wired from the router to the company provided equipment. NOTE: If you already have a high-speed internet service using cable or fiber, you do not need a hard-wired connection.
You must live in the state of MN
A Day in the Life:
- Responds to customer telephone inquiries within a call center environment.
- Serves as a customer advocate by identifying underlying customer needs and guiding them to appropriate resources or programs.
- Delivers accurate information to customers in accordance with performance goals and objectives.
- Provides information to members/providers to support them in their healthcare decisions.
- Updates member information in system as needed.
- Must maintain a strict standard of confidentiality to ensure that our members protected health information (PHI) is secure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of customer service experience.
- Successful completion of the training provided.
- Demonstrated skills as an empathetic and compassionate communicator.
- Ability to quickly gain customer trust and confidence.
- Demonstrated PC navigation and data entry skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.