Content Marketing Writer (remote)
Smartling's innovative technology and service delivery model is disrupting the way global businesses manage the complex problem of scaling content into multiple languages. With over $60 million in venture-backed capital, Smartling is well positioned to grow its business in a fragmented marketplace that is continuously growing and ripe for disruption.
Smartling is seeking a savvy and smart wordsmith to join the marketing team. The Content Marketing Writer will be responsible for shaping the content roadmap for Smartling, and ultimately write short and long-form content on the Resources section of Smartling.com, which includes articles, ebooks, and whitepapers - all of which must be optimized based on primary target keyword research. Outside of the Resources center, the Content Marketing Writer will write landing pages featuring new products or services, and marketing emails to customers and prospects. The Content Marketing Writer will also manage a small team of freelance writers as needed, which requires project managerial skills (writing briefs to position the freelancer for success, and content editing).
This person will have a strong writing background, preferably with a working knowledge of the language translation industry, the ability to continuously hit deadlines, and a strong working knowledge and proven experience in integrating target keywords into their work. The Content Marketing Writer will have to find creative ways to craft an engaging content calendar that is pragmatic to the needs of the business, and drives search volume to the website. The Content Marketing Writer will be evaluated on 1) their ability to plan a content calendar, 2) deliver high quality content on a regular basis, and 3) improve (or maintain) organic search rankings on predetermined search keywords.
This is a great opportunity for a results-driven, creative marketing professional with an extensive writing background, marketing communications experience, and a track record of increasing responsibility and impact in a business environment.
Tasks at Hands
- Based on any given keyword, conduct thorough research and competitive analysis on a topic; and understand how to produce high-quality, competitive content
- Efficiently write and publish at least 6 articles a month, averaging about 1,250-1,750 words in length
- Independently manage your writing process from start to finish. Some topics will be moderately technical
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation purposes; stay up-to-date on SEO and on-page optimization best practices
- Partner with Brand Designer to create visual elements for each piece of content
- Partner with Digital Marketing to ensure keywords are used correctly for search engine optimization
- Partner with Demand Generation and Product Marketing to ensure content calendar is aligned with business initiatives
- Provide writer briefs and in-depth peer reviews for freelance writers' work
- Regularly promote your work internally and on social media platforms
- Design and develop copy for marketing campaigns and sales enablement including email copy, case studies and promotional materials like product overviews and one pagers
- Develop relationships with internal and external subject matter experts and work with them as resources for the above deliverables
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member.
- BA/BS in Marketing, communications, Journalism, language translation management or related field
- 3+ years in marketing and content creation experience
- Expert grasp on AP style editorial standards and American English
- Writing samples from a reputable publication or business resource center
- Demonstrated background in writing for SEO
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Ability to manage and deliver results on tight deadlines
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of Smartling's brand
- Understanding of content management systems (Contentful and Pardot preferred)
- Experience using SEO research tools (SEMrush preferred)
- Experience working as a provider or manager of translation and/or localization
- Familiarity with Translation Management Systems and Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Tools
- Basic graphic design knowledge
- Familiarity or proficiency in multiple languages.
- Proficiency or familiarity with Contentful and Pardot
- Entrepreneurial - a self starter with an optimistic "outside the box" approach to writing who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A Leader - proactive and use excellent judgment when dealing with issues
- Customer Focused – passionate for client success at all times
- Methodical - Well Organized with attention to detail
- Goal oriented - Comfortable delivering excellent results over tight deadlines
Two things - our clients and you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- FSA/HSA and 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave