Mid DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- You believe in and practice Agile/DevOps.
- You are organized and eager to accept responsibility.
- You want a seat at the table at the inception of new efforts; you do not want things "thrown over the wall" to you.
- You are an active listener, empathetic and willing to understand and internalize the unique needs and concerns of each individual client.
- You adjust your speaking style for your audience and can interact successfully with both technical and non-technical clients.
- You are detail-oriented but never lose sight of the Big Picture.
- You can work equally well individually or as part of a team.
- U.S. citizenship required
- We are both a Products and Services company. We not only create our own products but we also provide DevOps as a service to our clients.
- "Hire the best people. Do the best work." is our Brand Statement.
- We value teamwork. We support each other and believe in shared success.
- We believe in Continuous Improvement.
- We believe in Continuous Learning.
- We work in both the Commercial and Government sectors.
- We have been doing remote work since the inception of the company and are very good at it.
- Minimum of 2 years of total experience
- Familiarity with delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
- Familiarity with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Familiarity with implementing secure and scalable solutions.
- Experience administrating *nix environments.
- Experience development using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy.
- Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience administering automated build environments such as Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab.
- Experience with DockerHub or a container registry.
- 1+ year of web or software development experience.
- Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
- Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
- Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
- Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
- Familiarity with the ELK Stack
- Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
- Web or software engineering experience
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- The ultimate engineer in charge of the reliability, security, and upkeep of our infrastructure.
- Design and implement pipelines that meet customer needs.
- Augment our Agile teams to ensure their DevOps needs are met.
- Manage access of employees to resources such as G Suite, AWS, GitHub, Slack, etc.
- This organization participates in .