Associate Media Manager, Content Marketing
NerdWallet is looking to hire an Associate Media Manager to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Content Marketing efforts.
Our Brand Team is responsible for getting people to know, trust and love NerdWallet, as the go-to resource for all of their money questions. In this role, you would specifically be working on the Content Marketing side of the Brand Team. While our advertising campaigns team focuses on advertising the promise of NerdWallet's brand, product & services, the content marketing team helps pay off on the promise, by leveraging paid and organic media to make sure we are actively engaging our fans, in the channels they turn to most for financial advice.
As an Associate Media Strategist, you will be responsible for planning and optimizing paid media campaigns across a range of channels in order to drive impactful business results. This role will report to the Content Marketing Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Develop and optimize content marketing campaigns: You'll work to do this across paid media channels (including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and podcasts, to drive incremental consumer engagement).
- Drive paid media strategy: You'll be briefing in plan and channel best practices in partnership with our creative strategist. You'll ensure all partners understand the proposed media strategy and tactics so that creative and content strategy ladder-up to campaign goals.
- Lead media planning: You'll brief partners, negotiate with advertising vendors, and create detailed media plans that clearly demonstrate how your campaigns will deliver upon key business objectives.
- Handle paid campaigns: You'll set up campaigns and monitor spend behind each ad, thereby owning performance and making real time optimizations in order to maximize success.
- Report on performance: You'll be reporting on media campaigns across all channels, synthesizing learnings and next steps in monthly recaps for cross-functional partner review, and incorporate learnings into go-forward strategy.
- Proactively recommend new ideas and identify opportunities: You'll recommend new ideas that will improve performance quarter over quarter, while setting quarterly performance benchmarks based on strategy, tactics and budget. You'll also identify opportunities to accelerate business growth through partnerships with other teams (e.g. SEO, PR/Comms, and business leads) through generating engagement with our content at-scale.
- Purposeful, driven, and passionate: You are a savvy paid media strategist with a great understanding of content marketing, what it can do for NerdWallet, and can demonstrate why you are the person to help take us there.
- Strategic (but you also get stuff done): You're able to successfully build and execute cross-channel media strategies from planning through execution, demonstrating ownership over strategies and results. You're also comfortable operating in ambiguity and with managing multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Analytical: You are excellent at analyzing data, interpreting audience data, and optimizing campaigns to hit defined business objectives.
- A strong communicator: You are comfortable presenting, influencing key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, supporting teammates – speaking the languages of both creative and business-oriented individuals.
- Curious and creative: You never stop learning how we can leverage available technologies to more meaningfully engage our audience in the channels they love.
- 3 - 5+ years experience with end-to-end paid media campaigns (either in-house or at an agency).
- Sustained track record of developing, executing and optimizing paid media campaigns across digital channels to meet and exceed measurable business objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of paid social platforms and tools (including Google Ads, and Facebook Ads Manager), and reporting/analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, and/or Lookr. Knowledge of Twitter Ads and/or media planning tools (e.g. Kantar) is a plus!
- Experience with media planning responsibilities (e.g.: briefing-in external partners, negotiating with media vendors, finalizing RFPs, maintaining successful relationships with external partners).
- Experience with PPC/SEO (e.g. keyword research, domain authority, and landing page strategy) is preferred.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life's a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources