Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to help our customers compete and win in the modern, digital economy. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing software business with over 180,000 paying customers and hundreds of sales and implementation partners around the globe. Our culture is open, welcoming, collaborative, and deliriously passionate about our customers’ success; we are competitors who work with heart and balance.
Atlassian is the leader in agile planning, DevOps, and scaled agile using market-leading products like Jira and Jira Align. We are also the ultimate challenger in the market for IT Service Management and Operations. Gone are the days of unwieldy bloated IT management software. Today’s IT organization is a lean-agile machine. Every CIO is held to a higher bar and needs a modern platform to serve internal + external customers - delivering a tangible return on IT investment. With Jira Service Desk we offer an agile and scalable way to manage service and self-help. Between Statuspage and Opsgenie - incidents are triaged, managed, and resolved in real-time. Gone is the software of old, to reinvent and position our customers to leap forward into modern IT that powers their business efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for an experienced ITSM sales professional who has worked with senior leaders at the world’s largest companies. The Senior Account Executive will be the first person in this role and a key contributor in helping us author and define our sales approach with these customers specifically for our ITSM solutions. You will work arm-in-arm with partners, product teams, sales engineering, and the other sales teams to deliver comprehensive and compelling messages that result in scale adoption of Atlassian ITSM solutions. There is simply not a more exciting and hugely impactful strategic selling opportunity anywhere!
More about you
- Develop relationships primarily in Atlassian’s install base with multiple C-suite personas (e.g., CFO, CIO, COO)
- Team with product and sales partners including inbound and outbound sales teams SEs, channel managers, partners, and management to consistently drive revenue through your named accounts and geography.
- Work cross-functionally with other parts of the Atlassian family (marketing, services, support, product management, and finance/legal) to ensure your prospects are fully educated on the benefits of ITSM, Atlassian’s unparalleled technology offering as well as what is needed to guarantee implementation success.
- Define and implement a clear vision for your territory and plan/communicate regularly on funnel/account/territory status, resource requirements, challenges, and successes. Collaborate often with an outstanding sales operations team.
- Regularly interact with leading tools and technology – Salesforce, the G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc – to work effectively both virtually/remotely and on-premises with your customers.
- Partner, partner, partner - Atlassian's know outstanding accomplishments are the result of great teamwork, and success at the enterprise level “takes a community”. Work closely and openly with Atlassian partner management as well as directly with our partners who range from the largest global IT service providers to other sales and service firms of all shapes and sizes.
- “Be the change you seek” and demonstrate unselfish leadership while helping Atlassian to continuously improve our ability to better serve our marketplace.
- And never, ever &@%# the customer.
Required Skills, Characteristics
- A minimum enterprise selling experience of 10 years+ working in field sales for leading software companies passionate about Enterprise ITSM solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding quota.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain healthy C-Level relationships
- A history of working effectively in multi-channel, multi-product firms where internal/external bridge-building and partnering is a crucial quality.
- Excellent business sense. You understand how to position, sell, and negotiate value, calculate return on investment, and are deeply trained in strategic selling.
- You are a senior contributor who has mastered executive communication but also feels comfortable working with technology evaluation and procurement teams.
- You are Humble, Hungry and Smart (with a big EQ) and a great teammate.
- While highly proficient and confident, you remain coachable and strive to be the very best in your sales profession. Your ego is fully in-check.
- You are never satisfied until your customer is an enthusiastic reference account and will do what is vital to help make your customers successful.
- Along with the above, you have the utmost sense of responsibility and accountability. We have ambitious goals and need to execute relentlessly to “get stuff done."
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team 
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.