The Office of Strategic Planning and Performance Management at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) seeks to hire a Records Specialist to process, maintain, retrieve, and disseminate information in support of records management activities. This role will interact with various levels of staff members to ensure records management procedures and processes are appropriately followed and records are accurately maintained. This position will support the ORNL Records Management Program and will also be deployed to an internal customer. The activities are performed at two Oak Ridge locations with t he work schedule being approximately 50% at each location.
Records Management Program
- Creates indexes for boxes of technical reports.
- Prepares and processes eligible records to be shipped to the Federal Records Center (FRC).
- Assists in improving processes for shipping eligible records to the FRC and National Archives and Records Administration.
- Coordinate, as necessary, with record owners and information protection staff members.
- Support the assessment of records for the presence of sensitive information.
- Maintain current, accurate metadata in the records management application.
- Assist in the records destruction process.
- Assist with retrieving and delivering files to requestors at ORNL.
- Assist with re-filing of records.
- Work independently or in coordination with records analysts and other records specialists.
- Ensures procedures, technical documents, calculations, drawings, and other documents and records (from internal and external sources) are properly, accurately, and timely processed; made available in appropriate project electronic document management systems, collaborative sites, or websites; and distributed to identified personnel in support of customer's activities.
- Ensures documents and records meet criteria (format, identification, and approvals) specified by customer prior to distribution. Coordinates with staff to correct any documents and records not meeting requirements.
- Indexes and files records using electronic document management system(s), including customer's systems.
- Maintains current information in databases as needed, provides retrieval services from various systems, and maintains tracking or status of documents and records in process.
- Ensures quality of electronic documents and records by reviewing scanned and other electronic files for legibility and completeness.
- Provides support to management in the assembly of files for high-level meetings including retrieving, checking for updates, printing, organizing, labeling, and providing the associated electronic files, as requested.
- Maintains a reference library of the high-level meeting files and related documentation.
- Communicates and works with customer's staff (including remote members) to coordinate proper receipt and processing of records.
- Handles sensitive information, such as proprietary and export control documentation.
- Updates internal work instructions for document control and records management activities, as requested.
- Supports special projects as required by the customer, such as reorganization of electronic files in systems as needed, verification of records receipt and metadata accuracy, maintenance of special SharePoint collaborative sites, etc.
- Provides user training or assistance on system(s) usage and processes to customers and support staff.
- Contributes to internal and external reports for document control purposes.
- Supports other team activities, as needed, such as:
- Supports records analysts in ensuring proper identification and retention of records.
- Provides back-up support to other specialists.
- Participates in continuous improvement assessments.
- Reviews and provides input for procedures and processes.
- Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Ensures compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
Qualifications Desired : Experience in handling controlled unclassified information.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email click apply.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.Show moreShow less