Associate Medical Director, Dermatology (remote)
Associate Medical Director, Dermatology (remote work arrangements may be possible)
Novartis is recruiting for an Associate Medical Director in US Medical Affairs for Dermatology.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Associate Medical Director will be experienced in Medical Affairs, and have a working knowledge of the drug development process. He or she must possess extraordinary leadership competencies and the perspective needed to execute the Medical strategy. This individual will help drive the US Medical Affairs tactics for pre- and post-launch product indications in Dermatology, especially for psoriasis, but including other dermatology conditions such as hidradenitis suppurativa and atopic dermatitis. This person will provide insights and input into the development, management and implementation of medical tactics for psoriasis, working closely with medical directors in Rheumatology. The position includes extensive interaction and collaboration with marketing, including promotional materials review, field force training, presentations at local advisory boards, and speaker training.
Additional Representative Responsibilities Include The Following
- Attend scientific meetings and foster and develop strong relationships with health care leaders and investigators in Dermatology
- Lead the content development and delivery of medical advisory boards
- Lead internal medical educational initiatives (e.g, field medical training), and lead external educational, disease-state programs
- Develop and implement reliable and high-value publication strategies incorporation of clinical trials, real world evidence, data generation with HEOR, secondary/post hoc data generation
- Team responsibilities include U.S. medical affairs support for pre-launch products and indications, including strategic and tactical planning and design, implementation and timely completion of Phase IV studies and addressing post-marketing concerns
- Bring forth innovative and solutions oriented ideas, and opportunities to leverage digital platforms
- Work in, and enable a positive team environment and interact with local and global clinical, scientific, medical and marketing teams
- U.S. and European travel required. (30-35% annually, up to 40% seasonally)
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
MD, DO, PharmD, PhD degree, or Nurse Practitioner (NP)/ Physician’s Assistant (PA) degree with significant relevant clinical experience required. Knowledge of present and future trends in biologics in Dermatology is a plus.
- Experience in managing the investigator initiated trials (IITs) process and/or clinical trial conduct is strongly desired. Trial research experience conducted in a pharmaceutical or equivalent environment is strongly desired.
- Firm working knowledge of GCP, scientific and clinical methodology, protocol design, project management and regulatory requirements for clinical studies designated for review by regulatory authorities.
- A well-established network within the medical research community.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and teams internally and externally.
- Reputation as an open, available and transparent communicator.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; demonstrated personnel management capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading large projects/organizations.
- Ability to travel (U.S. and European; 30-35% annually, up to 40% seasonally).
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
US GEN MED
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development