Wiley Workplace Learning Solutions
Want a casual work environment filled with energy, cutting-edge creativity, and a fast pace? Enjoy the benefits of working for a large organization while maintaining the fun and creativity typically only found within a small company!
Our brand portfolio includes Everything DiSC®, The Five Behaviors®, The Leadership Challenge®, and PXT Select™. As part of our dynamic Brand Experience Marketing team, you will have the opportunity to help build brand stories that inspire audiences to take action and thrive in the workplace.
The Copywriter will be responsible for writing marketing materials, web copy, social media posts, and direct email in response to new product launches, events, and overall content strategy. This person will be work on developing copy for multiple brands and will work with the marketing manager to ensure accurate briefing of work and on-time delivery. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and able to work with a cross-functional content team (including designer and videographer) to pull it all together. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to make marketing decisions.
Writing and Content Creation
· Ability to create original, action-oriented, and compelling copy (optimized for multiple channels including emails, advertising, websites, eNewsletters, and print/digital marketing collateral) to market multiple brands within portfolio
· Work closely with brand management team to ensure that all copy/content/messaging is accurate and clearly reinforces and supports partner value propositions
· Ability to create messaging that complements and adheres to client/partner brand guidelines (style, voice, and tone)
· Ability to craft creative and strategic messages that adopt brand archetypes and deliver the desired engagement across targets
· Acts as a brand champion across the organization and collaborates with design teams to participate in design initiatives.
· Understand and execute the difference between writing for effective communication and creative marketing copy
· Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
· Strong grasp of brand positioning, standards, and design language. Ensures consistency with brand positioning.
· Ability to process information supplied by program manager and brand managers to translate that information into effective, action-oriented copy that reflects the brand’s voice and tone
· Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts and stories that bring the brand to life
· Proposes copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leader
· Four-year college degree in Marketing, English, or related field (Advertising, Communications, Creative Writing)
· Three to five years experience in copywriting
· Ability to create and build effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across multiple teams and personality types
· Effective problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to understand brand needs, market dynamics, and priorities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to quickly pivot when change is needed or priorities shift
· Proficiency in balancing competing priorities in tight timelines
· Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects
· Ability to work on computer for long periods of time
· Some travel to client conferences may be required
· Understands and identifies with company culture
· Strong command of the English language; grammar and usage
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Show moreShow less