Customer Solutions Specialist-Full Time
Our award-winning Customer Care Team is looking for candidates, like you, that are experienced in customer care. This position will be to primarily take phone calls and assist our customers through a wide range of issues while guaranteeing a high customer satisfaction as well as experience.
We need enthusiastic individuals who have proficient written and email communication skills as well as the ability to multitask through numerous incident types. You will be the voice of Overstock.com on the phone and will need to ensure professionalism while being empathetic to the customer. We are looking for someone who can actively listen to our customer and the issues they have, while offering a unique and innovative solution to each problem, complaint, or concern that the customer may have.
- Responsible for handling multiple types of customer (internal and external) contacts through our channels (phone, email and SMS)
- Independently resolve problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, thinking outside the box, implementing solutions, and when necessary escalating unresolved problems
- Organize, plan, and prioritize workload, and complete other assigned special projects as needed
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to effectively communicate difficult outcomes while maintaining a positive customer experience
- Maintain performance objectives such as attendance and Key Performance Indicators
- ***Candidate must be located in the State of Pennsylvania for consideration***
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment assessment test.
- 1 year of customer service experience in a call center preferred.
- Must have strong time-management, follow-up and proficient organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Work from home in a virtual environment preferred.
- Must be proficient with written and verbal communication skills, email, internet usage, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Adapt to changes in job requirements, learning and applying new skills as needed to ensure the company's success.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to effectively communicate difficult outcomes while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Ability to maintain performance objectives such as attendance, schedule adherence, net promoter score, first call resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Available to work schedules during the call center hours of operation, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of at least 1-year customer care experience (Call center experience highly preferred)
- Be able to type a minimum required 30 words per minute
- Ability to work in a fast-paced call center environment
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong time-management, follow-up, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills: email, internet usage, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to complete mandatory paid training in house for 4 weeks- 100% attendance is required
Work from Home Requirements
Required Computer or Laptop- The Specialist will have required Upload and download speeds above download of 12 mbps and upload of 3mbps on their computer or laptop even if it requires a new ISP. Specialist is required to have at least 4GB of Ram, Core 2 Duo or greater processor (Core i5 recommended), Windows 10.
- Please be aware that connection speeds are affected by other Internet activity such as streaming video and audio (Netflix, Hulu, Pandora) Internet gaming, etc. which can affect performance of the virtual desktop in Citrix.
- Required Internet- The Specialist will be required to use an approved ISP
- Distraction Free Work Environment- The office area should have a noise-reducing headset, chair and a desk to work from, with limited distractions that may interrupt the customer’s shopping experience with Overstock.com.
Distraction free work environment must include:
- No children, other persons or pets in the same room
- No distracting noises such as TV or Music
- The Specialists must act as if they were working in the office while at home including staying on task and not abusing unscheduled codes.
- If you have children in need of supervision, there must be another responsible party there to supervise your children.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Why You Want to Join
- Great culture
- Fun contests / rewards and recognition programs
- Growth / Promotional Opportunities
- 4-week paid Virtual Overstock training
- Work from Home opportunity
- Pay = $13.50/hr.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah’s ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of “Silicon Slopes”, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
- Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers