Customer Success Manager
A bit about who we are:
We are Pilot, a Y Combinator-backed startup after a successful seed funding round, with a small distributed team working remotely from Poland and San Francisco. Our mission is to create a more open worldwide job market. Today, we’re doing that by helping companies hire and pay remote international staff.
Our customers are companies that embraced remote staffing as a way to scale their operations and organizations already hiring remote contractors, needing help with the complexities of compliance and international payroll.
What you will be working on:
You’ll be our first customer success manager, working directly with one of our founders, who is leading the revenue team.
While our customers can manage everything from the dedicated application, they still need guidance around local employment laws, standards, payroll, and taxes. All those things vary between countries, and your job will be to help customers navigate it.
You don’t need to know how to issue a visa in Poland, or how the contract termination works in France. You’ll work with experts to help you with details. You need to help customers understand all those complexities and help them decide what benefits them the most.
You’d also work with our customers during the onboarding phase, to make sure they start getting the value from using our product in their first month.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be working with a distributed team and clients, so first-class communication is a must.
- Ability to listen to customer’s needs and being comfortable advising them based on the knowledge you acquired from the local experts.
- Being comfortable with audio calls (Zoom and phone), and written communication (Slack and emails)
- Ability to self organize your work and handle multiple open cases. At every single moment, you’ll be working with multiple clients. We have working processes, but you’ll have the freedom to modify them and use whatever works for you.
- Availability to work with customers in both East and West coast timezones.
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
- You have domain knowledge about staffing, hiring, payrolls.
- You have experience doing product demos.
- Annual salary from $43,000 to $51,000 and up to 0.05% of equity.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world. We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.