Site Reliability Engineer
What will your day look like?
You get home from the gym, you like to get there early to avoid the rush hour and it gets your energy levels up for the day. Turn on your monitor and join the hangout for your daily standup. There are some GitHub pull requests that need your attention, time to put your Ansible hat on. Lunchtime - you go and meet some friends at your favourite cafe. When you get back to your desk, your Terraform environment has finished provisioning and you kick off some smoke tests. Then it’s back to your earlier automation work. Before you know it, it’s time to close the laptop.
What will you be doing?
Help our enterprise clients translate their needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. Responsible for infrastructure and deployment of these applications, and rotating 24*7 support for existing clients and products.
Join a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily stand-ups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Working with and supporting Delivery Architect (Team Lead) in project execution and timely delivery
- Member of the NearForm SRE team, providing out-of-hours support for NearForm products and clients
- Work proactively to identify and address performance and operational issues.
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements.
- Contributing to NearForm tooling and open source projects in a DevOps capacity as required.
- Understanding and embracing the NearForm culture.
- 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
- Modern DevOps mindset using best of breed open-source tools and technologies, for example, Terraform
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration must include Kubernetes
- Experience managing and automating real-world platforms/applications on AWS
- CI, Git, Docker, ECS Fargate, Lambda, Cloudwatch and monitoring tools in general, Node.js, Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration and the building of continuous delivery pipelines
- Security awareness throughout the stack
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Experience working in a Remote Agile environment
- Located in USA
- Availability for short-term travel as required
- Available to work extended hours if required and have a flexible schedule when home
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.