GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS Europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We're working on an ambitious next product step to redefine "core team work" and we're looking for a talented Account Executive (working remotely) with an extended level of ambition to join our team and help us accelerate our growth.
? What will you be doing?
GitBook already has a regular flow of inbound leads and traction in specific market segments, as Account Executive, you will be dedicated to handle the overall sales cycle to crush quotas and generate revenue.
As an Account Executive within GitBook, you will:
- engage and handle inbounds leads by managing prospects from leads to closed deals
- help in building compelling demos and sales materials dedicated to our different customers segments by adapting communication, sales playbook, funnel from opportunity to deal
- handle product demo and discover potential customers use case and needs
- create long lasting relationships with key sales-supported accounts to up-sell accounts with expansion potential and prevent churn by updating them on GitBook's roadmap and educating them on product improvements and releases to build on these relationships and close deals
- participate in the on-boarding of sales-supported users with our Customer Success Manager
- collaborate across teams to help us leverage our customer focus efforts by aggregating and synthesising feedbacks of lost and pending deals as well as pain points encountered by early on-boarded customers to strengthen the collaboration between teams (design, product, sales)
You will bring to the table:
- your past experience selling SaaS B2B product (2-3 years) owning the entire sales-cycle and handling large amount of incoming leads. A first experience as SDR then a second experience as Account Executive would be ideal.
- your capacity of dealing with hiccups during negotiation phases, in short your ability to successfully close deals
- your deep motivation to achieve goals in autonomous and fast paced environments
- your curiosity and passion for tech product enabling you to rapidly understand the in and outs of GitBook and how it can benefit each customer
- your deep knowledge of selling SaaS BtoB allowing you to spot bottleneck and come up with "great" (meaning data-oriented) solutions
- your data-and-analytic driven mindset
- your strong rigour and organisation skills enabling you to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information.
- your amazing succinct communication skills in English both written and spoken as you're able to make great presentation that generate engagement
- your extended level of empathy allowing you to adapt your communication to different type of users
You will be an addition to our culture as:
- you always Ambition (Aim Higher) the next step of your work, whether it’s building a feature, improving a team process, etc.
- you have a deep sense of Ownership (Take control & Own it) as when you observe a problem, you don’t wait for someone to fix it, but you take the responsibility of fixing it.
- you have a sense of Accountability (Be accountable to results) as you are focused on outcomes (not on efforts).
- you Care (Give a shit) and empathises with customers as you take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and root-problems. Which also proxy to the team as you help them achieve and learn; to better serve our mission.
- you are able to Train (Grow yourself) as, when facing an unknown challenge, you learn from it to create leverage for the team.
- you are Genuine (Say it and accept it) as you are candid, respectful and transparent in your communication.
- you are a Team player (Leverage the team) as you acknowledge that leveraging the team and different skills enables to create an outcome that's bigger than the sum of it's part.
- you are an Architect (Plan & Build) as you value building long-term solutions beyond simple day-to-day execution. You start new projects breadth-first, solve the broad easy problems first and then dive into the details.
- ? to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- ? to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- ? to work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
- ? to go on team off-sites every quarter
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision) ?
2. As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then, you will be meeting with two members of our Go to Market Team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life...
4. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook's founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensure there is a fit with our culture and core values.
5. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.