Social Media Consultant - Women's Business Center
CEI is a community development financial institution (“CDFI”) that integrates financing, business and industry expertise, and policy solutions to help grow good jobs, environmentally sustainable enterprises, and shared prosperity in Maine and other rural regions. CEI envisions a world in which communities are economically and environmentally healthy, enabling all people, especially those with low incomes, to reach their full potential.
The CEI Women's Business Center (WBC) is looking for an individual who can assist our small business clients in developing a stronger online presence for their small businesses through social media. Many of our clients are in the process of pivoting to online sales and are spending significant time social media platforms for the first time in light of the current health and economic situation.
Our ideal candidate would have experience with various communication platforms, and be able to answer questions such as:
- What platforms should I be using for social media?
- What kind of content should I post on social media? How often should I post?
- How do I sell products directly through social media?
- What if I don’t like social media? Do I still have to use if for my business?
- I’m really busy, what if I don’t have time to post on social media every day?
- What kind of tools should I be using (i.e. Canva, Tailwind, Later, Hootsuite…)
- How do I find my brand voice?
- How do I show up consistently and cohesively on multiple social media platforms?
- How do I use videos in my communication?
The scope of this work includes:
1. Writing a WBC guide to small business social media. This might be a set of links to existing resources with some additional narrative, or an original document. This information should be easy to divide up by topic, to create multiple end products. The guide should include information about all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest. Estimated 12 hours.
2. Teaching a series of 3 webinars on small business shipping over the next 3 months (June/July/August 2020). Topics to be mutually agreed upon but include answers to the questions listed above. Estimated 12 hours.
3. Develop a social media beginners guide/ video tutorial that will walk novices through the basic set up steps for each social media platform. 8 hours.
4. Be available for 1:1 consultation with WBC clients who have specific questions related to their own social media. Estimated 16 hours.
Contract duration: 48 hours between June and August 2020
Contract amount: $4,000 (fix rate)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our teams have shifted to working remotely from home. You will service clients throughout the state via remote technology and tools so you must have reliable internet access at home as part of the role requirements.
CEI continues to monitor the COVID-19 crisis. When it is safe to make the transition back to our offices, we will do so in compliance with federal and state CDC guidelines and with a specific plan in place that ensures the safety of our staff and clients.