Job DescriptionJob Title: Technical Writer
Location: JBSA-Randolph (or Remote)
Work Hours: 8:00 – 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
Clearance: Secret Security Clearance
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Technical Writer with an active Secret clearance to work on our project at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Writer will be responsible for editing and proofreading documents created in a production system platform to adhere to product standards and ensure consistency across all documentation. He/she must be willing to multi-task and work independently on projects and work part as a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English preferred or Associates degree with equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience developing technical evaluations, technical white papers, technical instructions, test instructions, test plans, test procedures, site installation plan and procedures and facility manuals.
- 2+ years of system administration knowledge and IT Systems.
- BFOQ: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Expert knowledge of English grammar and usage.
- Should be proficient or willing/able to become proficient in the use of production systems and multimedia editing software.
- Proficiency in current computer applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet is required.
- Should be able to work independently with limited direction.
- Must be able to make sound decisions and take appropriate action.
- At least on Full Life Cycle Deployment experience.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Must have Secret Security Clearance.
- Research, prepare and edit technical document templates, including user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports, of varying complexity using standard office and desktop publishing software.
- Research, create and edit a detail technical document that describes the functional requirements, along with use cases for those functions that describes the APPS operation.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures, user manuals and other written materials (reports, briefings, etc.) associated with APPS systems; this includes the identification, collection, categorization and editing of comprehensive documentation that describes the legacy system and its architecture, business rules and data
- Edit research papers and reports to ensure information is presented and tailored to meet the needs of users including experts in related fields and private sector; coordinate with experts and stakeholders responsible for the substantive content to ensure the information has been accurately presented and reflects the intended purpose.
- Provide technical and process assistance on procedures for drafting, revising and maintaining documentation; propose changes to agency editorial and publishing policies and practices based on industry standards/practices.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company DescriptionLeading Innovation and High Quality Information Technology Services
Since 2002, IndraSoft has successfully provided IT solutions to major customers that include the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, USTRANSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of State, and Department of Justice. Our professional staff has broad software and network experience and expertise that include software and network engineering, development, sustainment, migration, integration, training, help desk support, testing and operational support. We follow a well-defined process to understand the customer’s information technology needs and then provide timely and affordable solutions that meet those needs.
IndraSoft is a certified small business, woman and minority-owned corporation. IndraSoft’s proven leadership in IT systems, exceptional customer service, and solid hands-on technical expertise has made way for its leading innovation and quality IT services.