Technical Writer II
- Gathers, analyzes, translates, and composes USCG supported IT information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Composes USCG supported IT documents including, user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Creates/Updates process and system architecture documents using MS PowerPoint or Visio.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Must be able to learn organization standard format, create documents from scratch using MS Word Templates, and review and edit other’s work.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience editing technical documents preferred.
- Experience with MS SharePoint and Visio is preferred.
- The Tech Writer will create interview instruments, summarize results, and create or update system documentation.
- Candidates should provide three work samples showcasing their writing and/or editing capability.
- Candidates should be prepared to complete a short copy editing exercise during the interview process.
- Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum Experience: 6 years
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- MS SharePoint: 6 years (Required)
- IT Technical Writing: 6 years (Required)
- MS PowerPoint or Visio: 6 years (Required)
- Coast Guard supported IT information: 6 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Kearneysville, WV (Preferred)
- Security+ (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19