Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician - TS/SCI required
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: G2019-59227
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician (L2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order INSCOM ensures reliable uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician:
- Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
- Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
- Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
- Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
- Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
- Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
- Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
- Assists in repairing computers, printers, digital senders, etc.
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis providing guidance and procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, local procedures, etc. as required to ensure mission success
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- High School diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associates degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals (98-349)
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
High School diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associates degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience
#DefenseCamp #INSCOMreqs #DefenseCampFortMeade #OpportunityOwned #GDITCareers #GDITLife #WeareGDIT #DPOST #GDITPriority
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA MD Fort Meade
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.