Technical Support Representative
Location: - Raleigh NC 27607
The main function of a Customer Technical Support Representative is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
· Provides Tier I and II technical software, hardware and network problem resolution for clients by performing problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions or may provide expertise to solve first and second tier technical support issues for end-users of the organization's products and services.
· Uses automated information systems to analyse routine situations.
· Reviews incoming requests, both computer generated and verbal, sort, code and may prioritize for proper action.
· Resolves problems or contacts more senior technical support as necessary.
· Supports users by fulfilling individual requests for information and/or training in the utilization of the various databases available.
· Conducts technical research for source of information required in support of request for information related to ongoing programs and proposal efforts.
· Maintains network diagrams and circuit records. Instructs users in the use of PCs and networks.
· May perform basic PC, PBX, and network software programming.
· Interacts with other team members, such as network services, software engineering, and/or applications development to restore services and/or identify and correct the core problem.
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
· Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
· Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training/education required.
· 8-10 years’ experience required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Technical Support: 6 years (Required)
- HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SUPPORT: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)