Customer Success Manager
GitBook is a moderndocumentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team’s intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We’re working on an important next product step to redefine “core team work” and we’re looking for our first Customer Success person to join our team and help us continuously develop users’ satisfaction.
As a Customer Success Manager, and being our first Customer Success person, you will play a major part in determining our customer success strategy.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
Your role as a Customer Success Manager will be to create strong and long lasting relationships with our users to perfectly understand their business objectives, their operational constraints and guide them in the short, medium and long term to maximise the value created for them through their use of GitBook.
On a daily basis you will :
– be the primary contact of all users (self-served and sales-served) as soon as sales negotiation is done to act as a trusted advisor by facilitating their on-boarding and optimising product’s value in their eyes.
– groom and grow users’ accounts to make sure they get value from their GitBook usage and stay happy and renew their yearly/monthly contract.
– be able to generate new sales opportunities by navigating the organisation to up-sell more usages to different teams, thanks to your deep knowledge of each account.
– be the voice of our users internally : you will work with our entire Product and Go-to-Market teams by highlighting feedbacks from customers and make sure these are visible to the whole team in order to align our roadmap (business and product).
As you may have understood everything (or almost everything) is to be done so you will have a great opportunity to develop new ways to increase customers’ satisfaction and influence a customer-centric dynamic through the entire GitBook team. You will help us establish best practices in terms of Customer Success.
🎯 What do you need to succeed ?
- your amazing communication skills in English both written and spoken
- your high level of enthusiasm and proactivity when it comes to create relationship with users
- your expertise on Customer Success strategies and methods as you have previous experience(s) working as a first Customer Success person building process, funnel and tools or as a second Customer Success person helping to set-up and build process and willing to build it yourself
- your capacity to engage with the entire team to help drive product strategy and business strategy
- your knowledge of our market as you have previous experience(s) working on B2B environment, ideally SaaS (but not mandatory)
- your ability to deal with several subjects at a time as you have the experience of managing a portfolio of about 100 accounts
- you alwaysAmbition (Aim Higher) the next step of your work, whether it’s building a feature, improving a team process, etc.
- you have a deep sense of Ownership (Take control & Own it) as when you observe a problem, you don’t wait for someone to fix it, but you take the responsibility of fixing it.
- you have a sense of Accountability (Be accountable to results)as you are focused on outcomes (not on efforts).
- you Care (Give a shit)and empathises with customers as you take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and root-problems. Which also proxy to the team as you help them achieve and learn; to better serve our mission.
- you are able to Train (Grow yourself)as, when facing an unknown challenge, you learn from it to create leverage for the team.
- you are Genuine (Say it and accept it) as you are candid, respectful and transparent in your communication.
- you are a Team player (Leverage the team)as you acknowledge that leveraging the team and different skills enables to create an outcome that’s bigger than the sum of it’s part.
- you are an Architect (Plan & Build)as you value building long-term solutions beyond simple day-to-day execution. You start new projects breadth-first, solve the broad easy problems first and then dive into the details.
- 🏥 health insurance
- 🍽 lunch voucher thanks to Lunchr card (around 9e/day)
- 🚊 refund of your public transport subscriptions up to 50%
- 💪 to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- 🚀 to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- 🛋 to work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
- 🏡 to enjoy our offices in the center of Lyon whenever you want to as well
- 🍫 to gather with the entire GitBook’s team to share lunches and sweet breaks as we love food
- ⚽ to (sometimes) practice sports with GitBook’s team
- 😎 to work with “the coolest team on earth”!
- 🏄 to go on team off-sites twice a year (summer and winter)
- First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we’ll get back at you whatever the decision)🙂
- As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook’s expectations, the role and your own expectations.
- Then you will have a call with the Hiring Manager to deep dive into day-to-day, on-the-job skills etc.
- We will give you a Use Case to work on so you’ll have a better understanding of your potential day-to-day challenges at GitBook and it will be a perfect starting point for the next step
- Meeting with two members of our Go to Market Team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life…
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire teamto determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.