IT Help Desk Support
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, generous time off, and frequent company-wide social events, Fareportal provides employees with an environment that nurtures diversity, creativity, and success. Our open and Agile workspace gives our employees the time and space for collaboration, brainstorming, and research and development. At Fareportal, you'll be challenged, rewarded, and motivated to work effectively day in and day out.
We are seeking an IT Help Desk Support for our Las Vegas office location. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions.
- Contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
- Responsible to maintain all local and remote locations assigned to the team as well as all remote and local users.
- Develops and maintain Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone or by remote connection
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), voice and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals and endpoint devices for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Maintain Service Desk documentation including FAQ documents for users that detail common issues and how to resolve them without opening a help desk ticket and department documents that outline standard operating procedures and practices.
- A diploma or high school education with technical training.
- 2-3years of troubleshooting experience with hardware or software customer services.
- Knowledge of Windows and all other Microsoft application and laptop troubleshooting.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Configure, maintain, secure and troubleshoot IT systems
- Storage, SAN and NAS setup, configuration and management.
- Antivirus, backup and Windows patch management.
- Hardware and Software inventory management, phone system support.
- Cisco and Juniper switches configuration support, access point, wired and Wireless network support.
- Sabre, Amadeus and Farelogic configuration, installation and support.
- Effective communication to support IT roles, able to question the user to get adequate information on a problem without taking on a tone of interrogation. Using open-ended questions and active listening.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in general and evoking an attitude of service toward the customer.