Product Marketing Manager
As a Product Marketing Manager, and being our first Marketing person, you will play a major part in determining our product marketing and communication strategy.
? What will you be doing ?
Your role as a Product Marketing Manager will be to determine the value proposition and positioning GitBook should have and reflect it outside of the company.
On a daily basis you will :- build our communication strategy for outsiders (prospects, investors etc.) and insiders (our current users) to raise GitBook's awareness- build and communicate a clear opinion on how our users should best be using GitBook- partner with the entire Go-to-Market team to better understand customers' use case and market dynamic to influence GitBook's growth- work with the Customer team to provide accurate self-service resources for our customers and create value-added content (webinars, articles, sales pitches, website…) to highlight our product (new features, value proposition), and enhance our users (case-studies, webinars, events...)- partner with the Product team to be aware of any changes in the product and be able to communicate its added value to our customers and potential prospects.
As you may have understood everything (or almost everything) is to be done so you will have a great opportunity to develop new ways to increase GitBook's awareness and influence our customers' engagement.
? What do you need to succeed ?
- your amazing communication skills in English both written and spoken
- your expertise in product marketing as you have previous experience building strong product marketing strategy, processes and roadmap, ideally in SaaS B2B
- your ability to create value added content and your story telling skills
- you always Ambition (Aim Higher) the next step of your work, whether it’s building a feature, improving a team process, etc.
- you have a deep sense of Ownership (Take control & Own it) as when you observe a problem, you don’t wait for someone to fix it, but you take the responsibility of fixing it.
- you have a sense of Accountability (Be accountable to results) as you are focused on outcomes (not on efforts).
- you Care (Give a shit) and empathises with customers as you take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and root-problems. Which also proxy to the team as you help them achieve and learn; to better serve our mission.
- you are able to Train (Grow yourself) as, when facing an unknown challenge, you learn from it to create leverage for the team.
- you are Genuine (Say it and accept it) as you are candid, respectful and transparent in your communication.
- you are a Team player (Leverage the team) as you acknowledge that leveraging the team and different skills enables to create an outcome that's bigger than the sum of it's part.
- you are an Architect (Plan & Build) as you value building long-term solutions beyond simple day-to-day execution. You start new projects breadth-first, solve the broad easy problems first and then dive into the details.
- ? health insurance
- ? lunch voucher thanks to Lunchr card (around 9e/day)
- ? refund of your public transport subscriptions up to 50%
- ? to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- ? to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- ? to work remotely whenever you want to
- ? to enjoy our offices in the center of Lyon whenever you want to as well
- ? to gather with the entire GitBook's team to share lunches and sweet breaks as we love food
- ⚽ to (sometimes) practice sports with GitBook's team
- ? to work with "the coolest team on earth" !
- ? to go on team off-sites twice a year (summer and winter)
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision)?2. As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.3. Then you will have a call with the Hiring Manager to deep dive into day-to-day, on-the-job skills etc.4. We will give you a Use Case to work on so you'll have a better understanding of your potential day-to-day challenges at GitBook and it will be a perfect starting point for the next step5. Meeting with two members of our team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life... 6. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.