Event Planning Assistant - 48630
Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
a Little About Us
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 74 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Event Planning Assistant provides marketing and organizational support to the annual Fire in the Pines Festival in Wilmington, NC.
The Event Planning Assistant will help grow the annual Fire in the Pines Festival by recruiting additional exhibitors and assisting with marketing through social media and the festival website. S/he will help coordinate with partner agencies in the organization of the festival. S/he will also assist with the recruitment and organization of volunteers and may be responsible for maintenance of office and program vehicles and equipment. The Event Planning Assistant has frequent interaction with staff throughout the program and with partner agencies.
Responsibilities And Scope
- Does not supervise any staff;
- Duties are performed according to instructions or established practices; supervisor will resolve any problems or questions;
- May help plan the work of volunteers or interns;
- May purchase equipment and supplies as provided for in budget and in consultation with supervisor;
- May serve as a team member for assigned work teams;
- Travel occasionally to support fieldwork in remote and potentially dangerous sites;
- Work overtime as needed; and
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience with organizational skills.
- Experience with communication skills.
- Experience with developing relationships with others.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media marketing.
- Experience in event planning.
This position is 7 hours a week from mid-April until mid-October.
To apply to this position, please visit www.nature.org/careers and click on Current Job Opportunities. Please submit your resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.